StudentsReview :: Miami University Oxford - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio State University Columbus -- Columbus, OH
Ohio University -- Athens, OH

This was one of the, if not THE,BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
This was one of the, if not THE, worst year of my educational career. Miami changed me as a person completely as in I was not myself at all. My family could tell I was on edge every time I went home. I was not myself the whole year. The faculty including majority of the student population are rude and disrespectful. If you do not join Greek life, you are basically an outsider. Yes, not every single person joins Greek life, but you are then categorized as a "geed" and people in Greek life love to call you out on it. My year at this university was far less than what I expected. When I was in the process of trying to transfer, one of the staff stated, "you are making a huge mistake. you are the only person I have seen in all my years of working here try to leave." First of all that is complete bull. I am definitely not the only one who tried to and successfully left that school and I am so happy that I did.
Education Quality: B, Surrounding City: F
I'll highlight the positive aspects first.Super BrilliantEducation
I'll highlight the positive aspects first.
1. The professors as a whole are great. They are helpful and friendly. Most of them aren't too easy or too rigorous-There is a common middle-ground. Overall, you should be happy with your professors.

2. The campus has so many resources. You'll find tutors, libraries, groups, clubs, books, etc that will help you.

3. The campus is beautiful, in terms of scenery. I've never seen a campus as beautiful as this one.
The list of positives are short.....because there isn't much positive. I'll expand more on the negatives.

1. The students-An overwhelming majority of the students on the Oxford campus are snobby. I know this is a bold assertion but I've found it to be true. Most of them come from a wealthy background and look down on others for not being as wealthy as they are. They also aren't accepting of races other than whites, religions other than Christians or gay people. They're not friendly at all and they aren't willing to communicate with you. You most likely won't make any friends.

2. Social Life-The people ruin this. I don't know why but Miami seems to be the most anti-social college I can think of. Most people just sit on their laptops, cell phones, and don't want to have.....fun or.....talk? There is a reason everyone thinks Oxford is "lame." It's not the town: It's the people. Even the townies are snobby.

3. Entertainment-....and about Oxford. Oxford is a small town where there isn't much entertainment or things to do. Basically, there are a lot restaurants, some bars, some clubs, a few shopping places. I can't think of anything else. Overall, Miami is a great school for academics but terrible for meeting people. The students are pathetic and boring.

5th Year Male -- Class 2015
Innovation: A+, Social Life: F
I'm an international student and I got anQuite BrightAccounting
I'm an international student and I got an accounting degree from Miami University last May.
I like Miami University's good opportunity to make connections with the big four accounting companies. And our business courses are good and we can actually learn stuff out of it. But, as an international student, I don't really recommend Miami. First of all, it is in an isolated town. There are not very much entertainment and good shopping malls around. Second, it is a party school, drinking and dancing in the bar is an important part of social life here. If you don't like bars and parties, it's probably hard for you to fit in those American friend circle. Thirdly, the students in business school is really arrogant. They think they are the smarted and hardly want to listen to international student's suggestions in group work. Generally, I feel like students from other states are nicer than in-state students. If you have a chance to go to a University in a big city. Then, definitely not Miami.
4th Year Female -- Class 2014