StudentsReview ™ :: Ohio Wesleyan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Ohio Wesleyan University

I just graduated from OWU, I only stuck

Jul 08 2011Art & Design Department
I just graduated from OWU, I only stuck around as long as I did because I was on scholarship and putting myself through school. Honestly, it was the biggest mistake I've made. I loved the art department for the most part; however, everything else about the school only served to make me regret my decision to attend more and more. The administration is a joke and on account of their folly I lost out on a minor, an abroad program, and still have no diploma. Unless your parents will undertake all finances and you can put up with really uptight people (yes, lots of snooty folk here) and don't mind being bored in this town, I suggest you look elsewhere for higher education. In conclusion, OWU is terrible- a true waste of time and money.
5th Year Male -- Class 2011
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Individual Value: F

Everything about this entire school is mediocre: the

Mar 11 2011Journalism
Everything about this entire school is mediocre: the professors are OK, the social scene is OK, the career goals everyone has are ok. Its a very mediocre school. I know that means my ratings should reflect on average, but they don't because I feel like the school could be much, much better then they are.

There is a sense of defeat among the students at OWU. They are run by and trampled by the administration, yet too unorganized to actually do anything about it.

For example, the overwhelming majority of students want to party and have fun, but the school is cracking down even harder on it.

Another example: The food is terrible--almost everyone here agrees, yet not enough students are nagging the administration.

The sentiment of the administration here is to wait for a very, very, very, significant amount of complaints about something before they actually do anything about it rather then keeping the campus well maintained or foreseeing problems.

The administration generally ignores the wants, concerns, and needs of the student body.I would NOT recommend enrolling here.

1st Year Male -- Class 2013
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Scholastic Success: F

I came to OWU after reading Loren Pope's

Feb 14 2011Biology
I came to OWU after reading Loren Pope's Colleges That Change Lives. After freshman year, I applied to and was accepted into several elite schools as a transfer, and then landed an internship at Harvard Med. After taking classes at Harvard, I can definitely say that the idea that OWU can compete with more 'elite' schools is extremely inaccurate. A huge number of students transfer out. OWU may be great for some people, but if you really want to succeed, going to Hopkins med or Yale Law, transfer out. I'll be transferring to McGill in the fall.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013