StudentsReview :: Ohio Wesleyan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

The administration will do

Jul 02 2007Zoology
The administration will do everything possible to get your money and screw you over. Don't take the cutesy smiles the first day or even first semester, they will find someway to screw you.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2009
Innovation: A, Individual Value: F

Like some of the posts below, I also

Apr 24 2004Anthropology
Like some of the posts below, I also found this school to be fairly easy and somewhat mediocre academically in a few respects. Please don't post a dozen messages to refute me -- I am just relating my personal experience of the place. Respect my right to disagree! OWU is an okay school, but there are better liberal arts colleges in Ohio -- Kenyon and Oberlin. OWU is decent, but I wouldn't call it prestigious -- it definitely could be if it decided to become more selective, though. I'm sure that some people have had great experiences at OWU -- I just happened not to. But I'm happy for all the people who love the place!
3rd Year Male -- Class 2002
Social Life: A+, Education Quality: F

I'd like to warn everyone first and foremost,

Feb 13 2005PreMed and Medical
I'd like to warn everyone first and foremost, that ohio wesleyan is using the internet exploiting websitesl ike www.studentsreview.com, and collegeconfidential.com to give a utopian image of OWU that really isn't what OWU represents.

Most of these comments on this page are not true student opinions but rather those of the administration. They try to hook students into their schools using websites such as this (using alluring comments and how great this college is).

Truth be told, the first thing you should realize is that OWU's commentary in it and byitself has over 90 reviews for such a SMALL college.

This is very uncharacteristic of college reviews on this website (look at Emory, Johns Hopkins, Yale, WUSL, for some big names, and you will not see the number of reviews that this college has).

2nd of all, OWU has a little trick with freshmen who receive scholarships.
BE WARNED, they might give you a Trustee's or Presidential's scholarship, but you must MAINTAIN a 3.5 at this university. Depending on your major and the quality of the professors (int erms of fairness), most students do not keep their scholarship rewards. As a result, MOST STUDENTS transfer after their freshmen year as I am.

However, I am not transferring due to GPA reasons. Their science program is very weak, and they tend to cut many students from applying to law school and med school.

I'll be going to my state school at binghamton where I can get a strong education, while cheap, and being nationally known as a strong feeder school into grad school.

I strongly recommend you visit the school, talk to students on the campus (who do not associate with the administration) in order to get the best perspective of this school.

BE WARNED.