StudentsReview :: Ohio Wesleyan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Ohio Wesleyan University

Apr 19 2004Economics

This is not a good school.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2006
Social Life: A+, Education Quality: F

Too many students are mean and snobby!

Apr 18 2004Language - French/Spanish/etc.
Too many students are mean and snobby! I am amazed by how cold and unfriendly so many students are! The people in fraternities and sororities look down on you if you aren't in the greek system. Many people are clearly from very rich families, and are extraordinarily rude and arrogant. I've met a few nice people, but the majority of Ohio Wesleyan students are cold, self-centered and spoiled. I have never encountered so many stuck-up people in my life.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2006
Individual Value: A+, Education Quality: F

My experience at Ohio Wesleyan was quite negative

Apr 07 2004English
My experience at Ohio Wesleyan was quite negative. I found the coursework to be vapid, dull and unchallenging, and the professors to be indifferent and unengaging. While I encountered many students who were very smart, the majority were not very bright, nor academically motivated. Students would show up to class drunk on a regular basis and sleep through the lecture. Students are coddled by overly-permissive faculty who will not fail you no matter how inept you may be. Granted there are exceptions, and I respect those who had positive experiences at OWU, but I found the place to be depressing. Too many people from rich families who came to OWU because they couldn't get accepted anywhere else. Even the so-called honors program is simply a joke. My high school guidance counselor had heard many bad stories about OWU, and warned me not to go there...I guess I should have taken his advice!
1st Year Female -- Class 2003