StudentsReview :: Ohio Wesleyan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Ohio Wesleyan University

OWU was not my first choice, but theyQuite BrightEnglish
OWU was not my first choice, but they offered a great financial aid package. I was not sure this would be a good place for me at first, but after freshman year, I got excited about returning. There were a lot of opportunities to do interesting things, especially study abroad. Go if you can! It was amazing.The professors here really care about students and they focus a lot of their time making sure you are challenged. I was rather shocked at the workload here---much more than I expected---and you cannot slack off and survive. Several kids I know failed out and could not come back. Just because this is a small LAC in Ohio does not mean that you can skip class and get by. The academics are serious and you really have to keep up with reading and work.
Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B
Ohio Wesleyan was the worst mistake I've everAverageBusiness - Management and Administration
Ohio Wesleyan was the worst mistake I've ever made. Nothing about this school is worth the money you're going to pay. The classes can be enjoyable and some professors can be enjoyable as well. Others are very self absorbed and caught up in their research. They simply lecture all class and show off how intelligent they are.

The nightlife here is awful. Every fraternity is on probation because public safety won't let ANYONE have parties on campus. Most people drink in their room and then go out to one of the only bars in town called Clancey's. Clancey's is the worst bar I have ever been to. The music sucks, the locals are rude, and the atmosphere is flat out awkward. If you like to party this IS NOT the school for you.

As a freshman you will most likely be placed in Thomson or Bashford hall. I lived in Bashford and it was quite the experience... There are multiple bug infestations in the building so bring ant traps, fly traps, bug spray, ect. The bathrooms are absolutely repulsive. Walking into the bathroom you will smell shit, piss, and any other bodily fluid. NOBODY CLEANS THE DORMS. In the showers, the drains are clogged by pubic hair and grime. The sinks are full of hair and food. I want to puke every time I brush my teeth. In addition to this, my dorm room is an absolute shit hole. All of my drawers have fallen apart and when I put a maintenance request in, nobody ever came and took care of it.

This school is flat out depressing. You can walk the main strip of the University on a friday night and not see a single soul. During the week, you'll walk the same strip and see a bunch of lifeless zombies stroll by. Nobody here is friendly and it is extremely hard to make friends here. If you're into rock, skateboarding, heavy mascara, and smoking cigs, this might be the school for you.

The food here is very average and does not provide a balance of healthy but good tasting food. The expense for this average food is absolutely outrageous. Smith hall has the absolute worst food in terms of quality. The Hamilton Williams Campus Center or "Hamwill" has better food hands down.

If you do a lot of studying in the library I would suggest investing in a pair of noise canceling headphones because it can be an absolute zoo in there, especially on the 2nd floor, I cannot stress how disappointed I am that I came here. It has been a very poor experience and I do not recommend this school to anyone. Please look into this school very carefully before coming here.

1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Perceived Campus Safety: B+, Education Quality: F
The university only caresBrightBiology
The university only cares about money. You are required to live in a dorm for four years- with few exceptions to the rule. There is hardly ever anything to do on campus.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016