StudentsReview :: Ohio Wesleyan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Ohio Wesleyan University

Dec 15 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Ohio Wesleyan was the worst mistake I've ever made. Nothing about this school is worth the money you're going to pay. The classes can be enjoyable and some professors can be enjoyable as well. Others are very self absorbed and caught up in their research. They simply lecture all class and show off how intelligent they are.

The nightlife here is awful. Every fraternity is on probation because public safety won't let ANYONE have parties on campus. Most people drink in their room and then go out to one of the only bars in town called Clancey's. Clancey's is the worst bar I have ever been to. The music sucks, the locals are rude, and the atmosphere is flat out awkward. If you like to party this IS NOT the school for you.

As a freshman you will most likely be placed in Thomson or Bashford hall. I lived in Bashford and it was quite the experience... There are multiple bug infestations in the building so bring ant traps, fly traps, bug spray, ect. The bathrooms are absolutely repulsive. Walking into the bathroom you will smell shit, piss, and any other bodily fluid. NOBODY CLEANS THE DORMS. In the showers, the drains are clogged by pubic hair and grime. The sinks are full of hair and food. I want to puke every time I brush my teeth. In addition to this, my dorm room is an absolute shit hole. All of my drawers have fallen apart and when I put a maintenance request in, nobody ever came and took care of it.

This school is flat out depressing. You can walk the main strip of the University on a friday night and not see a single soul. During the week, you'll walk the same strip and see a bunch of lifeless zombies stroll by. Nobody here is friendly and it is extremely hard to make friends here. If you're into rock, skateboarding, heavy mascara, and smoking cigs, this might be the school for you.

The food here is very average and does not provide a balance of healthy but good tasting food. The expense for this average food is absolutely outrageous. Smith hall has the absolute worst food in terms of quality. The Hamilton Williams Campus Center or "Hamwill" has better food hands down.

If you do a lot of studying in the library I would suggest investing in a pair of noise canceling headphones because it can be an absolute zoo in there, especially on the 2nd floor, I cannot stress how disappointed I am that I came here. It has been a very poor experience and I do not recommend this school to anyone. Please look into this school very carefully before coming here.

1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Perceived Campus Safety: B+, Education Quality: F
Aug 13 2014Biology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
The university only cares about money. You are required to live in a dorm for four years- with few exceptions to the rule. There is hardly ever anything to do on campus.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A, Individual Value: F
Jul 08 2011Art & Design Department
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I just graduated from OWU, I only stuck around as long as I did because I was on scholarship and putting myself through school. Honestly, it was the biggest mistake I've made. I loved the art department for the most part; however, everything else about the school only served to make me regret my decision to attend more and more. The administration is a joke and on account of their folly I lost out on a minor, an abroad program, and still have no diploma. Unless your parents will undertake all finances and you can put up with really uptight people (yes, lots of snooty folk here) and don't mind being bored in this town, I suggest you look elsewhere for higher education. In conclusion, OWU is terrible- a true waste of time and money.
5th Year Male -- Class 2011