StudentsReview :: Ohio Wesleyan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Ohio Wesleyan University

This school, is a great school which can't

Nov 16 2013PreVet and Veterinary
This school, is a great school which can't be denied. I am only a freshman, but as a science major I can see how serious the academics are. That being said, I am transferring at the end of this school year, due to the high cost of said education. I am considered an independent, and homeless student and they did not help me very much financially. Campus-jobs are scarce and Delaware isn't booming t=with opportunities. If you can afford to come here, I would recommend it-otherwise stick to a cheaper school. The people here are okay, I didn't find many like-minded people who were as concerned about their education as I was mine. Overall a good school, just not for me.
Individual Value: A+, University Resource Use: D
Apr 08 2012Unknown

wallawallawallawalla boop boop boop boop OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK YAZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I came to this school from out of

Apr 21 2012Other
I came to this school from out of state, after having received a great scholarship and interacting well with my department. The school has the money to place great value in the tools it can provide - the science department boasts a high powered microscope, the art department facilities offer a variety of methods and materials, there are grants students can apply for as well for just about anything. The thing is, many students aren't interested. Or, students at the undergrad level are not trying to push themselves. I feel as though I go to school with the "future teachers of america" which isn't too bad, but when everyone around me is aspiring to be highschool teachers at best, I get a little down. Seriously though. You really are on your own when trying to get a job afterwards, and most students I know are simply doing what they can to get a paycheck working at whole foods, old folks homes, etc. Most went back to their hometowns after graduation.

WHile here, know there are only 2 bars in the town students go to. only one lets minors in, the nightlife here is a closed club if you aren't with the in crowd, that is the fraternity group or SLU life. weed is big here, can't go a friday night without smelling it in the party dorm, stuyvesant. The dorms are recently getting facelifts which is nice but one only has to look at hayes dorm to see the drawbacks of this remodeling - the effect is not one of modernity but of.. i don't know, an attempt at cheering up students with colors that students say "looks like a children's hospital?" Ugh. dorm life. ALso, most students DO live on dorms through all four years. if youre a guy, there are frats. And if you don't mind losing privacy, there are SLUS. (which is nice because it's also a community) but still. you're dealing with public saftey wandering the halls of youre house community all weekend. and they're not all too lenient.

ugh. i might write more in another comment. Are you getting an idea of OWU?

2nd Year Female -- Class 2014