StudentsReview ™ :: Ohio Wesleyan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Ohio Wesleyan University

I'm in the midst of my second semester

Jan 24 2014Math
I'm in the midst of my second semester at OWU (o-woo, the only thing anyone will ever call it). I originally wanted to go to a bigger school, farther from home, but OWU gave me a great scholarship (as they do for many students) and I liked the school, so here I am. The city's a little boring, but it's such a friendly place. Classes are small, professors are helpful, coursework is challenging at times, but always doable. I'm still not a fan of the small student population (can't go ANYWHERE without knowing people, even after just being here for a week--but some people like that sort of thing). Biggest con: you HAVE to be on the meal plan and live on campus. few exceptions made. I'm hoping this rule will change soon--I think it's fairly new.

There's always a lot going on on campus. Which is good, because without a car, you're not very able to get off campus--well, you can walk into Delaware for a variety of small town dining and shopping options, but that's about it.

Greek life's pretty nice here. I didn't rush, but I might next year. Frat parties are fun, though they're all pretty similar so they get boring after a while.

They don't offer engineering or stats majors, which were two of my likely choices before coming here, so that was a bit of a letdown.

this isn't really following a very logical order.
the people are really what make OWU a good place--I believe most every faculty member and professor I've met here is genuinely kind and helpful. Most of the students are pretty decent too.

Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: B-
Nov 02 2011Zoology

Spent some of the happiest years of my life at OWU.Had I to do it all over again would not hesitate.

5th Year Male -- Class 1970
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B-

It is funny to

May 16 2011Biology
It is funny to see the negative comments on this site from students that OWU kicked out recently. Even funnier and ironic that they are complaining about OWU's academics when in fact that's the reason were got kicked out.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2012