StudentsReview :: The University of Cincinnati - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio State University Columbus -- Columbus, OH

The University of Cincinnati

I am a 5th year chemical engineering studentBrightChemical Engineering
I am a 5th year chemical engineering student at UC. I chose the university for engineering for a variety of different reasons, but one thing that is a huge positive for UC is the co-op program. The experience you gain from getting real, hands on, industry experience is invaluable to your education and career prospects. And at UC, you get 5 of them, not just 3 as it is at other schools, or some that don't have a co-op program at all. If you are looking into engineering, I highly recommend UC. If you are looking into DAAP or business, I also encourage you to look at UC, because both of those programs allow you to co-op as well. You will have a leg up on all of the rest of the graduates from other universities who are graduating the same year as you. The university as a whole is great, campus life is eventful, there are tons and tons of organizations and clubs to join, including a number of fraternities and sororities, as well as NCAA/club sports. You won't regret making the decision to go to UC. Go Bearcats!
4th Year Female -- Class 2019
Surrounding City: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: B-
Transferred here from Florida, because my family hadQuite BrightJournalism
Transferred here from Florida, because my family had to move back to Ohio for personal reasons. Let me just say I have an Associates degree from Tallahassee Community College in Tallahassee, Florida. In that time I had nowhere near the difficulty or misguidance that UC has bestowed upon me. It took them weeks just to answer specific questions about the transfer process, not to mention I was advised to take and took 9 hours that I didn't even need!! I was told we didn't have broadcast Journalism (what I went to school for originally), we just had standard journalism. Come to find out months down the road we do have Broadcast Journalism, just not through Arts and Sciences!! It's through CCM our Music conservatory, world renowned, however I wasn't informed of this program on purpose so that the higher ups in journalism could keep me in arts and sciences, than keep me in CCM, where I needed to be! Even my faculty instructors told me that I was flat out lied to. Most Universities FYI have Journalism AND BROADCAST JOURNALISM TOGETHER...in the same building at that!!! not UC. Money grubbing college if I ever witnessed one, not to mention the administration is the pitts...good luck getting through with any of them...I'm an honest person and I'm extremely ashamed Iv'e attended this University. Real quick I just want to mention this University takes around $2,700 of your tuition to put towards their overpaid coaches and stadiums...athletic teams ipads etc. etc. It was part of an investigative report about how students get charged for the universities sports teams without their knowledge!! absolutely absurd!! what about academics? what most came for?? $11,000 a year in state to attend UC...Ohio State is cheaper and a better overall school...how do you explain this...GREED is how.
1st Year Male -- Class 1920
Scholastic Success: B, Individual Value: F
Quality of classes and teachers varied widely, itBrightJournalism
Quality of classes and teachers varied widely, it all rounded out to an average experience for me. The surrounding city has a lot to offer with some nice hidden gems. What really sucks about UC is the administration: you're just a moneybag to them. I developed a chronic illness while in school, and when I asked my counselor about withdrawing she said I would have to do it in person. Lucky me, I was too sick to go see my professors in person (or go to class in the first place). So I asked the registrar's office if there was another option, and they gave me virtually the same response: fill out this form, have your professors sign it, and bring it to OneStop. I repeatedly explained my situation to them and they ignored my condition. I contacted the bursar's office, accessibility services, and my professors to see if they could be of help, but once again, I couldn't get a straight answer. I felt like no one cared enough to actually help me. If you have a chronic illness or are disabled in any way, think twice about going here.
5th Year Female -- Class 2017