StudentsReview :: The University of Cincinnati - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio State University Columbus -- Columbus, OH

The University of Cincinnati

UC is great if you don't mind feeling

Nov 25 2014Undecided
UC is great if you don't mind feeling unsafe constantly. Homeless are everywhere, the nearest stores (groceries) off campus are close but always crowded with people awaiting drug deals and crap. Frats/Sororities are total snobs, and put partying/drinking before your coursework. They even force the pledges to hand out alcohol at parties, but I guess if you're a pledge you're the type to participate in their shit. The only good thing about this campus is DAAP, which is why I'm here. But everything that is wonderful about DAAP isn't even enough to keep me here. Campus is beautiful. People are stupid. DAAP is great. Homeless people approaching you in the streets (or even occasionally on campus) is terrifying/not cool, especially with the amount of emails we receive notifying us of robberies and shootings. If you have another college option, take it.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Education Quality: F

They admitted more students than ever, and they

Oct 03 2014Civil Engineering
They admitted more students than ever, and they do not have enough room for them. They jammed three students into rooms made for two and the floors as a whole are overcrowded and disgusting. Bathrooms are always disgusting with throw up and excrement everywhere. The campus is nice but take a step off of it and risk your life after dark. Surrounding area looks like a slum from a third world country.
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Useful Schoolwork: B+, Social Life: F

This has been the most horrible experience I

Nov 24 2014Criminal
This has been the most horrible experience I have ever had. I am sorry but the Professors don't teach us we are handed off to facilitators which turn out to be PHd students. The professors are rude and very self absorbed. I am an honor student and this is IN SPITE of the poor teaching at this university. There is no consistency in teaching. My first class I got a syllabus and WHAM I am telling you up front what is required if you want a letter of recommendation from me. Never seen this on a syllabus before. The teachers don't fully explain what they want. When you don't understand and ask for help WHAM again. You should not be here if you have a busy life. I am currently finishing up my last class and the professor is jetting off to Scotland and then San Francisco. Then she has to take a snow day off. Sorry students but I am too busy to help you. But her syllabus very clearly states NO LATE WORK accepted. Sounds like a big time double standard to me. I will graduate with honors in December of 2014. So this is not a sour grapes review but a honest review of what I have seen is a school that is there to collect your money and fully prepared to offer you nothing in return. There is a few professors that are great but unfortunately there is too many bad professors. I would highly recommend that anyone who is considering University of Cincinnati to run the other direction there is too many schools out there, Good Luck to my fellow students in your future endeavors.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014