StudentsReview :: The University of Cincinnati - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio State University Columbus -- Columbus, OH

The University of Cincinnati

I went to UC Blue Ash (they didn'tBrightEnglish
I went to UC Blue Ash (they didn't have an option for this one) for a CCP class. It was only one summer class and CCP but talking with other students helped me to gain an understanding and I hope this comment is helpful for other CCP students. My class was about 35% CCP kids, a good amount of kids from the main campus who had failed earlier in the year, and a few people going back to college to get a degree. The campus is really pretty and the resources are great. I had a lot of trouble getting on the Wifi at first but I was able to talk with the professor in his office before class and he was very understanding and helpful. He also was understanding when I had to miss some classes and helped me get the work I needed to get done. His grading on the essays I believe was incredibly fair and helped me to learn more in writing essays. The homework wasn't too hard as long as you actually did it. Though- a good amount of people in my class didn't want to put in as much effort which was annoying when I wanted to talk about our work in groups and they didn't- but they were all incredibly kind to me and we would peer review each others essays and stuff. Overall, I had a great experience and regret not taking more classes there over the summer.
1st Year Female -- Class 1920
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Social Life: C-
I am a 5th year chemical engineering studentBrightChemical Engineering
I am a 5th year chemical engineering student at UC. I chose the university for engineering for a variety of different reasons, but one thing that is a huge positive for UC is the co-op program. The experience you gain from getting real, hands on, industry experience is invaluable to your education and career prospects. And at UC, you get 5 of them, not just 3 as it is at other schools, or some that don't have a co-op program at all. If you are looking into engineering, I highly recommend UC. If you are looking into DAAP or business, I also encourage you to look at UC, because both of those programs allow you to co-op as well. You will have a leg up on all of the rest of the graduates from other universities who are graduating the same year as you. The university as a whole is great, campus life is eventful, there are tons and tons of organizations and clubs to join, including a number of fraternities and sororities, as well as NCAA/club sports. You won't regret making the decision to go to UC. Go Bearcats!
4th Year Female -- Class 2019
Surrounding City: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: B-
Transferred here from Florida, because my family hadQuite BrightJournalism
Transferred here from Florida, because my family had to move back to Ohio for personal reasons. Let me just say I have an Associates degree from Tallahassee Community College in Tallahassee, Florida. In that time I had nowhere near the difficulty or misguidance that UC has bestowed upon me. It took them weeks just to answer specific questions about the transfer process, not to mention I was advised to take and took 9 hours that I didn't even need!! I was told we didn't have broadcast Journalism (what I went to school for originally), we just had standard journalism. Come to find out months down the road we do have Broadcast Journalism, just not through Arts and Sciences!! It's through CCM our Music conservatory, world renowned, however I wasn't informed of this program on purpose so that the higher ups in journalism could keep me in arts and sciences, than keep me in CCM, where I needed to be! Even my faculty instructors told me that I was flat out lied to. Most Universities FYI have Journalism AND BROADCAST JOURNALISM TOGETHER...in the same building at that!!! not UC. Money grubbing college if I ever witnessed one, not to mention the administration is the pitts...good luck getting through with any of them...I'm an honest person and I'm extremely ashamed Iv'e attended this University. Real quick I just want to mention this University takes around $2,700 of your tuition to put towards their overpaid coaches and stadiums...athletic teams ipads etc. etc. It was part of an investigative report about how students get charged for the universities sports teams without their knowledge!! absolutely absurd!! what about academics? what most came for?? $11,000 a year in state to attend UC...Ohio State is cheaper and a better overall school...how do you explain this...GREED is how.
1st Year Male -- Class 1920