StudentsReview :: Wright State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio State University Columbus -- Columbus, OH

Wright State University

I am a student from Maryland.Not so brightCommunications
I am a student from Maryland. I have CP. I went here because of the WSU disabilities support program such as the purple care program at WSU where students work for other students on the same campus. Sometimes even the same age, female or male. This has presented a major challenge for me and all people because working with a female peer can be challenging because as you offer your opinion it can totally ruin your whole social circle if that student is very popular on campus. You get really close to these particular students, but then if you do one thing to tick someone off or many things to tick off a popular person who you can't control hiring, it can ruin your whole college experience. For me personally, I had a great experience my first semester. My PAs were wonderful with the exception of 1. The PAs are probably the friendliest people on campus. The students were never really friendly at all besides the PAs and one organization. Students would never go out of their way to talk to you except for one organization a christian organization. When I complained about one popular person in this particular organization, then this organization treated me like I didn't even exist. Another problem is the RA staff. 2 of my PA students were RAs. Because they did not feel comfortable talking to me after I disclosed about what made me feel uncomfortable, they lied and blocked me on Facebook and filed a harassment complaint with the student code of conduct without any warning at all. This has been the worst college experience for me. I went to wright state because it was number 3 for disabled students in the nation. Students are very unfriendly overall, the one friend circle I did have...when I had one disagreement with one person changed how the whole group treated me. Even the pastor of this organization won't speak to me. Even though they provide great facilities, the students make up a campus. Overall the student quality of friendliness is a 0. I did not tell the faculty member about the incident and she brought it up to me knowing it was bothering me, but did nothing to resolve the issue. They isolate the people with disabilities here, most people are by themselves at lunch, I have never seen a single person go out of their way to talk to me at lunch. Very unsocial and unfriendly campus overall. Even though the facilities are great, the social feeling here is terrible. If you piss one person off by giving your true opinion, instead of keeping it confidential, they will ruin your reputation. The president of the organization I was in totally was unfriendly and didn't even ask me what was wrong. Even though they respect me and say hi to me, none of them went out of their way to talk to me and figure out what was wrong. I felt like I was a number at this university and I had a very bad experience at this university. If you want to come here just be aware that peers are unsocial and never use the PA program here because they never have the student's back.
1st Year Male -- Class 1922
University Resource Use/ spending: A+, Individual Value: F
It might be just burnout talking, but WSU=AverageOther
It might be just burnout talking, but WSU= worst stinkin' school in the state of ohio. Or the popular running joke of : Wright State, Wrong School. Now I know why they say this.

I wish I had gone to Ohio University while I had the chance.
It felt like the reinvention of the petty high school environment--for another 4 plus years. (I didn't like high school by the way). Even then I learned more. Plus, the school's budgeting process is completely unsympathetic to student budgets and affordability. Anything to make a dollar--anything.

More people transfer out of this school at a rate more than the numbers they transfer back to the school. And with a 11% graduation rate after 4 years.... need I say more?

Unfortunately, the few good teachers at the school leave, retire, or get other non-teaching positions within the school and the bad ones are kept on the staff just to fill the position. This school has a problem with staffing good, caring faculty.

This school has a social life equivalency of a deserted, small town. There is nothing to do in terms of social activities (even though they say there are) and the students have a definite broken spirit. Like I said--high school.

It takes, on average, a student at least 5 years to get out of this school, if you're lucky. This school has got to be one of the most uninspiring, divided universities in the state. Simply horrendous!

4th Year Female -- Class 2003
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Education Quality: F
Know your major, know what classes you haveBrightCriminal
Know your major, know what classes you have to take, DO NOT LISTEN TO THE UNIVERSITY ADVISORS THEY'RE ONLY THERE BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO BE. Make sure you meet with an advisor that is in your major because they seem like they actually care. Show up an hour early to find a parking spot or you'll be screwed by the wack ass TRANSPORTATION SECURITY.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2012