StudentsReview ™ :: Northeastern State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Northeastern State University

Dec 11 2013Other

Great on campus resources and activities, poor surrounding city. Not very much to do after hours.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: C-

I am a single parent that has to

Nov 13 2013Nursing
I am a single parent that has to work full time to support my children. This program requires too much time from an individual person. The students rarely know what is going on in the class because the communication is terrible from the instructors. I did not feel that the staff of the nursing department was stable. They were very unstable and required more than what they were willing to give back to the students. There was a new instructor for every class and they were continuously learning the blackboard with the students. I was very disappointed in the professionalism of some of the instructors and the director

I enjoyed my experience at the university and

Apr 17 2013Art & Design Department
I enjoyed my experience at the university and the diversity that actually existed in the university in such a bible-belt town. I was motivated by my peers and instructors to do my best and be involved. I managed to land a job here within three months of graduating as a secretary. I'd rather have a job more related to my field (Photography/Graphic Design) but I can't blame that on the university since Oklahoma in general isn't that great for those kind of jobs and I wasn't quite ready to move. I wish the school focused more money where it was needed, though, like maintenance for buildings and funding educational supplies for the arts, not all the spending that's going into Athletics. Overall, I enjoyed it here.
Starting Job: Secretary Preparedness: D+ Reputation: C-