StudentsReview :: Oral Roberts University - Comments and Student Experiences

Liberty University -- Lynchburg, VA
Stanford University -- Stanford, CA
Illinois State University -- Normal, IL

The people I see claiming that this collegeQuite BrightPreMed and Medical
The people I see claiming that this college is easy are also in the arts. Please read what major a person is before deciding not to go here. My organic professor graduated from johns Hopkins, my molecular cell professor next year gives four hour long written exams. I have taken cadaver lab dissecting full cadavers, and have been able to take part in molecular research. I got a 34 on my ACT and find the workload challenging. ORU is a great college academically. A little sexist when it comes to rules, but good overall. The students are very friendly. To your face at least. I moved out of Claudius into towers because of the socially inept but still strangely bitchy girls that live in Claudius. I wouldn't recommend living there unless you loved highschool a little too much. It's mainly just a lot of girls that want to make up for their lack of social life in highschool by making fun of anything in site. Towers is fantastic though. I would recommend that. Everything closes at 10pm in Tulsa. I went to go clubbing one weekend and I vowed never to do it again. Lame clubs, very empty city life. Very different from my hometown in Chicago. The school itself is not bad. I would recommend coming here, even though I'm very liberal. I got judged by quite a few people for being sexually active and drinking (I'm of age), so it's quite a culture shock from my hometown, but the people love meeting other people and hanging out. As others mentioned, a lot of lifelong fronds. You do have to sign an honor code, but if you don't tell others what you do (most people don't like tattling, but the gossip is over the top crazy prevalent here), you can get away with a lot besides dress code since they see that. The curfew is pretty much pointless and more dangerous, if you ask me, since i was stuck in the back of my car to sleep one night. Very Godly people for the most part, and the sermons were fantastic. I have grown a lot in faith since I've been here. Please don't get discouraged your freshman year if people aren't as "holy" as you assumed they were when visiting. You can really grow in faith if you don't get bitter about the hypocrisy (as a pastors kid, that's seen everywhere). The prayer room is beautiful, the people are generally happy, and the education is great (87 percent medical school rate and 100 for honors).
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Innovation: D
A lot of people said that the courseworkNot so brightPreMed and Medical
A lot of people said that the coursework was not challenging. no, your MAJOR is not challenging, haha. Unless you go to an ivy league school, a business major is a joke unless it is more specified, such as business/health management or finance. My grandmother got a business degree when she was in her 70s. I have a premedical concentration, and our med school acceptance rate is 87 percent. The public schools in my home state have an 18-25 percent med school rate. It's challenging, hard, and.... very good. You get out of this school what you put into it. I am moderate liberal, so i've had my share of bad experiences from close-minded individuals, but honestly, it's really not that bad of a school. You get used to the dress code after the first year. I have absolutely no problem with dressing in nice clothing. It's not like they force us to wear a dress. Some people are talking about how guys in EMR show up naked to hall meetings. I didn't realize being naked was apparently against christianity? hahaha. the only thing i can say in a negative aspect is that a lot of people are constantly on the defensive because they feel that everyone judges them for not being christian enough, and a lot of people are like the guy below me somewhere that freaked out that people were drinking on a college campus because it's "against God" or something stupid. Everyone gets offended a lot. But people tend to make very close friends for life. my parents have kept their friends for about 25 years now.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: F
If you want to be academically challenged, ORUBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
If you want to be academically challenged, ORU may not be the place for you. That being said, the professors are very accessible and friendly. I guess it's all what you put into it. But you can get B's and C's without studying too much. Otherwise this is a very friendly school with an energetic and enthusiastic student body. The new administration is making great changes and I expect ORU is on the rise in every way. Tulsa is nice, not too big and not too small. And even though it's a small school, you get to watch some decent NCAA sports. It's not the school for everyone but in some ways, or some students, I think ORU is a great place to live and learn! I have no regrets.
4th Year Male -- Class 2014