StudentsReview :: The Oregon Institute of Technology - Comments and Student Experiences

Washington Bible College / Capital Bible Seminary -- Lanham, MD

The Oregon Institute of Technology

May 28 2014Engineering Department

Make sure you check out the surrounding town.

1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Campus Maintenance: C+, Useful Schoolwork: F
Jan 20 2014PreMed and Medical
OIT is a true Hell hole of a college. I've never seen such an unhappy student body and I understand why. The classes at OIT are not like normal classes that you would find at a different university (I know this because I've been to other universities). I feel that instruction is inadequate, at least in medical majors, and the professors are poorly equipped to be teaching their respective subjects. I find myself depressed and disheartened that I came to OIT. Save yourself my despair and choose a different university, Oregon and California have quite a few good ones. Good luck to you :)

I have attended both the Klamath and Wilsonville

Feb 03 2014Engineering Department
I have attended both the Klamath and Wilsonville campus. If you have a choice, go with Wilsonville. It is set up well for non traditional students, like myself, and the programs (Specifically REE) are structured much better than those at Klamath. The instructors assign less busy work and more relevant projects. The students are more focused on academic success, and have a more positive attitude of being in school. This is more than likely related to the fact that Wilsonville is set up for non traditional students (mommy and daddy are not paying for their educations) so students seem to be more serious about learning. Also, Wilsonville is where the internships are! Overall, I wish I would have gotten into a program that is more developed, like the Mechanical or Electrical. I have seen several recent grads struggle trying to find work with the Renewable degree. Yes there are jobs in the field, but prior to the REE degree, these jobs go to mechanical and electrical degrees. Not to dog on the REE degree, it is really fun. But fun wont pay the bills.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2016