StudentsReview ™ :: The Oregon Institute of Technology - Comments and Student Experiences

Washington Bible College / Capital Bible Seminary -- Lanham, MD

The Oregon Institute of Technology

I have attended both the Klamath and Wilsonville

Feb 03 2014Engineering Department
I have attended both the Klamath and Wilsonville campus. If you have a choice, go with Wilsonville. It is set up well for non traditional students, like myself, and the programs (Specifically REE) are structured much better than those at Klamath. The instructors assign less busy work and more relevant projects. The students are more focused on academic success, and have a more positive attitude of being in school. This is more than likely related to the fact that Wilsonville is set up for non traditional students (mommy and daddy are not paying for their educations) so students seem to be more serious about learning. Also, Wilsonville is where the internships are! Overall, I wish I would have gotten into a program that is more developed, like the Mechanical or Electrical. I have seen several recent grads struggle trying to find work with the Renewable degree. Yes there are jobs in the field, but prior to the REE degree, these jobs go to mechanical and electrical degrees. Not to dog on the REE degree, it is really fun. But fun wont pay the bills.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A, Social Life: D
Jan 20 2014PreMed and Medical
OIT is a true Hell hole of a college. I've never seen such an unhappy student body and I understand why. The classes at OIT are not like normal classes that you would find at a different university (I know this because I've been to other universities). I feel that instruction is inadequate, at least in medical majors, and the professors are poorly equipped to be teaching their respective subjects. I find myself depressed and disheartened that I came to OIT. Save yourself my despair and choose a different university, Oregon and California have quite a few good ones. Good luck to you :)

If you are old, already have kids, and

Nov 03 2013Biology
If you are old, already have kids, and are serious about getting a degree and moving on...this place is for you. However if you are young and want to obtain your degree while still having the college experience, than this is not the place for you. You will have no social life, it is hard to make friends, this is too small of a college. OIT is super boring and the people are boring. They are all from Klamath falls and most still live at home. The people are very conservative.

The teachers are awful and arrogant. They think they are really smart and love to tell their students about all the schooling they have done. My Chem teacher gave me an F on a test because I was sick and she would let me make it up. Talk about an ego power trip.

My econ teacher taught us absolutely nothing and made the tests really hard. He made a question worth 10 points but we could only get 9 points possible. Talk about setting us up to fail. He got fired mid-way through the term which was a pain in the ass for everyone.

I also got a $100 parking fee for parking so that my tire touched the white line. WTF?? I couldn't believe they were paying someone to walk around finding things wrong and giving tickets to students. get a life.Ugly campus, awful town. Truly hideous place. I am transferring next fall. Hate conservative stuck up people. hate.

Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Innovation: F