StudentsReview :: Pioneer Pacific College - Comments and Student Experiences

Pioneer Pacific College

Pioneer Pacific College is a school with theBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Pioneer Pacific College is a school with the purpose of helping people improve their life with career based education. The classes are geared toward skills needed in specific job markets based on our major. Some of the classes are basic but I think most people think they are above basic skills. Based on my experience with students the ones that complain are the ones that are not doing well and are not getting the education they are paying for. There are some truly amazing instructors at this school. Sure there are both and good things about the school, but that is the same at other colleges I have attended. The hands on education with additional help when I need it it great. I also appreciate that I don't have to take a bunch of classes that have nothing to do with my chosen field. I wanted classes that help me in my chosen career path and that is what I got. You get out of an education what you put into it and there is plenty to get at Pioneer Pacific College.
more→Feb 22 2015
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Individual Value: A+, Social Life: D
My experience was veryBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
My experience was very positive and I would recommend Pioneer Pacific College to anyone who wants a solid career based education at a school that cares about them. I am getting ready to continue on in a Bachelors program and looking forward to being on campus again.
more→Mar 14 2014
2nd Year Female -- Class 2006
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Extracurricular Activities: D
I am a student in the Healthcare AdministrationQuite BrightPreMed and Medical
I am a student in the Healthcare Administration program. I finished my associates and and working on my BS. I have found the program to be enlightening and informative, most of the instructors well informed and good at what they do. There are always going to be a few bad eggs, and I have run across some teachers who by my opinion, should not be teaching at all. However, with the student reviews that happen every term, a bad egg is quickly found, and not working at the college for long. Some one had commented on the fact that you cannot miss 6 classes, this is true. You can miss up to five, any after that you are dropped from the class. They do this because they have to stick to certain standards to keep their accreditation. Also, having 10 week terms with two classes a week, 5 classes is twenty five percent of the term you just missed. You cannot get a good education from your classes if you miss to many days. It is true that you do not get to keep most of your books, though many of my core classes I have been able to keep. This helps with cost, and quite frankly, who wants to keep all the books anyway? If you really do want to keep them, they are more than happy to let you, as long as you pay for them. At a community college they offer for you to buy used books, or to sell your books back, at PPC they by pass all of that to save you money. As far as tuition goes, do the math! This is a fast paced school that you complete in less time than a community college. When you compare the difference of time and money, PPC is well worth it. The most important thing to remember, is you are only going to get out what you put in. If all you want is a diploma mill, there are less expensive schools for you to go to and get that. If you are serious about a career and want to get to it fast, then PPC is right for you.
more→Mar 16 2013