StudentsReview :: Portland State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Portland State University

My main reasons for attending Portland State are:

Dec 09 2014Biology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
My main reasons for attending Portland State are: 1) I'm a transfer student from a local community college; 2) I needed a university that was central to our jobs; and 3) I'm currently a caregiver for a sick family member. However, looking back at my academic career at PSU, I would definitely have jumped at the chances of attending Pacific University or OSU. The quality of education is second-rate, and the tumultuous relationship between faculty/student body and the administration is apparent. Many of my classes are 150+ students, which makes having an academic relationship with a professor difficult, unless one attends every single office hour offered. There are some great professors here, but they are few and far between. However, the park blocks that run directly through the campus are beautiful and active with students, but of course, this area of the "campus" is owned by the city of Portland.
4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Extracurricular Activities: F

I love Portland State

Nov 20 2014Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I love Portland State. The campus is beautiful, the classes are engaging, the professors are helpful, and the atmosphere is full of energy. Due to its centrality in downtown Portland you get to experience city life and campus life simultaneously. I highly recommend this university to anyone who loves living in the city or wants a mature learning environment with emphasis on sustainability and cooperation.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Social Life: C+

Admissions office is very

Nov 11 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Admissions office is very unhelpful and the Honors college staff are rude, unorganized, and unhelpful. If you are looking at attending PSU, thebHonors program is not worth it.
Surrounding City: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F