StudentsReview ™ :: Portland State University - Comments and Student Experiences

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

Portland State University

PSU offers a great education for being both

Feb 04 2014Political Science
PSU offers a great education for being both an urban commuter campus, and a state university. The student body is vast, but with that also very diverse. The university is growing at a rapid rate, and thus, while PSU used to be where people settled if they didn't get into the University of Oregon or Oregon State University, this is no longer the case. Many are there for the convenience, but many others are there for the real world experience. Being located in the heart of Portland offers many things that traditional universities don't. At the same time, however, if the traditional experience is something you want, it may be best to look elsewhere.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A, Collaboration/Competitive: C+

The most ambiguous place I've ever been

Jan 02 2014Economics
The most ambiguous place I've ever been. The university doesn't know what it wants to be, and everyone seems to be in a "transitional" phase in their life. There are a lot of idiots, but the people I meet that are smarter than me dislike the university just as much as I do... or they are there because they have a psychological issue that prevents them from living away from home.If you don't believe me, look at the school's retention rate. I firmly believe that having "Portland State University" on my resume is detrimental. I will be attending U of O next year.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A, Innovation: F

Portland State has been the perfect school for

Dec 06 2013Communications
Portland State has been the perfect school for me academically and professionally. Knowing people who are going to other schools who are worried about what they'll be doing once they graduate, but I'm not one of those people and I have PSU to thank for that. This school offers so many tools to someone looking to build their career, I don't know how anyone can't have a job ahead of them once they finish here.
5th Year Male -- Class 2014