StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Oregon - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Oregon

International Studies Major

Feb 26 2014Other
International Studies Major.
School spirit is like none other. Football games are a once in a life time opportunity for students. People are nice and always willing to have a quick chat no matter where you are. Many different places to go out (Campus Bars or bars downtown). Lots of events like farmers markets, concerts (Big names at the Matthew Knight Arena), beer festivals, and Portland is a very easy 2 hour drive up I-5. Lots of activities and programs to get involved in no matter what your into.

It was not my first choice, but I cannot imagine having gone to any other school. I will miss this place everyday that I am gone after graduation. Go Ducks.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Social Life: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

This school is really lacking, but they took

Jan 12 2014Psychology
This school is really lacking, but they took tips from Nike on how to promote and market themselves well. Undergrad programs rely heavily on graduate students to make up the teaching force; cheap labor. The school provides no value and is very overpriced for what you get. The radical agendas that lurk about the classrooms in this campus are foul. Many times I found the faculty to be just shy of being completely disrespectful toward veterans, while thinly disguising their views through the lens of academia. The athletics are worshiped here with the ever growing athletics complex, but be prepared to pay a fee or higher tuition for new buildings such as the Student Memorial Union. It wouldn't be too hard to digest other than the rudeness of the athletes, both on and off the field, and their poor representation through the media and in the classroom. This school does a wonderful job of supporting many diverse groups, but really doesn't show much concern for veterans on campus. They will pick apart any previous school work and dismiss it as not being adequate for university standards including Oregon residents with an AA Oregon Transfer from surrounding schools (more money). Finally, if I email an instructor, such as finding a fault in the tests, I expect a reply back, not to be ignored. If you are a graduate student teaching a course, I don't want to hear your interpretation of how real life is if you haven't stepped outside of the classroom, nor do I want to hear you simply regurgitate your last professor at Someother University, I can read their papers just fine without you assigning it to me, maybe bring and encourage original thoughts to the class. Be prepared to experience a student body that is mostly out of state(CA), this is another attempt by the school to make more money off of out of state tuition while neglecting Oregon residents. Unfortunately, I have my undergrad here, but have moved on to complete my graduate work!
1st Year Male -- Class 2013
Perceived Campus Safety: B+, Education Quality: F

Overall I've had a

May 30 2013Computer Science
Overall I've had a very positive experience. I wish my department had better guidance for internships for underclassmen, but other than that I have nothing to complain about.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015