StudentsReview :: The University of Oregon - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Washington -- Seattle, WA

The University of Oregon

Overall I've had a

May 30 2013Computer Science
Overall I've had a very positive experience. I wish my department had better guidance for internships for underclassmen, but other than that I have nothing to complain about.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Campus Maintenance: B+

International Studies Major

Feb 26 2014Other
International Studies Major.
School spirit is like none other. Football games are a once in a life time opportunity for students. People are nice and always willing to have a quick chat no matter where you are. Many different places to go out (Campus Bars or bars downtown). Lots of events like farmers markets, concerts (Big names at the Matthew Knight Arena), beer festivals, and Portland is a very easy 2 hour drive up I-5. Lots of activities and programs to get involved in no matter what your into.

It was not my first choice, but I cannot imagine having gone to any other school. I will miss this place everyday that I am gone after graduation. Go Ducks.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Social Life: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

As a biochemistry major, I chose the University

Jul 27 2011Chemistry
As a biochemistry major, I chose the University of Oregon because of its state of the art facilities and wonderful professors. The professors in your upper level classes do everything they can to help you succeed, whether it be getting you internships or just talking to you about the classwork; though intro classes will be huge making you feel like a number at times. Along with great academics, you are also a Duck!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing better to going to Autzen with 60,000 screaming fans, making the stadium feel like it is going through a small earthquake. Also, there are over 250 clubs on campus so if you say there is nothing to do, you are a lazy sack of crap. If I could go back 2 years back in the college decision making process, I would never ever consider choosing any other university than the university of Oregon.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014