StudentsReview :: Albright College - Comments and Student Experiences

Elizabethtown College -- Elizabethtown, PA
Muhlenberg College -- Allentown, PA

Albright College

Of course those individuals who had an awfulQuite BrightMusic - Composition/Theory
Of course those individuals who had an awful experience at Albright are the mostly likely to be vocal about it. I on the other hand, had the complete opposite experience. My four years at Albright were ten times better then I imagined. I found professors who I still speak with frequently. I found great internships that lead to potential jobs. I was involved in over 15 organizations on campus. You get out of Albright what you put into it. If you sit in your room and don't get involved you will find it hard. Those who call Albright "cliquey" may have not taken advantage of the over 80 student clubs and organizations on campus. I found that I had several diverse circles of friends based on the different clubs I was involved in. I was never bored (or lacked a social life) at Albright - I never went home! Including summers! It is a small school, but you know that when you apply. It takes a certain student to fit in that small atmosphere.
4th Year Male -- Class 2009
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: C+
This is the time of year when studentsQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
This is the time of year when students are searching for their right college to attend. Beware of this college. The recruiting department is very good at what they do. They will make you feel very special. When visiting the school the administration will treat you very special and your parents will feel that they will take very good care of you. The exact opposite is true. I feel the administration does not care about anything except the school. From the President on down you will not get any intelligent reasoning or answers. They will manipulate words to get the outcome they want. As for the education, some professors read from power point and curve there grades so more students pass their classes. What exactly is the student learning. As for safety,it seemed to be below par. I see people are still walking on campus that should not be there. I think the dorms could be more protected then what they are. The education and some actions of students seems to be an extension of high school and not college. Beware the the POPs, they may introduce the student their first night there to alchol parties. Also keep an eye out for the students that are craving attention. In today's economy, Albright's scholarships may look enticing, but take your chances at another school. If you are offered a scholarship you may be able to use that for leverage at another comparable small liberal arts college. You will be glad you did!! If you are a mature student very serious about your education you will go elsewhere.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2007
Campus Aesthetics: C-, Education Quality: F
Most people do not realize that Albright isQuite BrightEducation
Most people do not realize that Albright is very small. Therefore, when they do, they complain that the campus is small or so on. However if you do not mind going somewhere that is small, I would recommend this college. I came from the city and wanted somewhere different and I am happy I chose Albright because the campus is beautiful and it is extremely safe for the most part. I don't have to walk through shady areas or take buses to get to classes like city colleges. I've been out at 2 in the morning and have been fine but I was with friends. If you venture into the city part of Reading all alone then you are setting yourself up for something bad. But there honestly wasn't any trouble last year with any students. Like other people said, get out and hang with your friends. Sit outside, take a walk around the suberban area. Also going up to the mountain and seeing the Reading Pagoda is always cool and it's super close. There are also two grocery stores literally a block away and a dollar store too. It's best if someone you know has a car because there are not a lot of places that are in walking distance. As for my education, I honestly enjoy my teachers. I feel like I have learned the past year and with smaller class settings, feel more a part. It's also easier to meet people that way. I feel like my school and social is pretty balanced. There is time for both. You don't need to be in a frat or sorority to go to parties and have fun either. I think it's a pretty chill college. You can party all the time or you can just hang, people don't really care. There are people who didn't like it because it wasn't like a big state college, but there are people, both girls and guys that can't wait to go back.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015