StudentsReview :: Cedar Crest College - Comments and Student Experiences

Colgate University -- Hamilton, NY

Cedar Crest College

Dec 16 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Two of my students from high school attended this college in 2014. These students were treated rudely by the Dean of Students. One of these young women went to the college House Services and was treated for what they diagnosed as "allergies" for two months. When she started to cough up blood she went to the local hospital. The doctors there told her that she was lucky she came in. She had a chronic case of severe bronchitis. When this student returned to the campus she was told by the Dean that she could "kiss the college goodbye" if she went back to the hospital in the future.
Dec 13 2014Political Science
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Please do not go to this school unless you are a nursing/science major. If you go here and you aren't one of those majors you are wasting your time.

I barely get assistance with work for my major. I've been asking for help for months now but yet I did not receive help.

Several professors at this school use favoritism towards certain students and they don't offer help when asked for it.

There are no tutors available for any majors except for science and math. Every other major cannot get help.

Oh god and don't even get me started on the health services. They aren't good either. This school loves to say "A student's health is always our first concern." But that is a definite lie. Seriously.

The administration isn't that nice. If you try to talk about your issues with them, they don't care enough to help you out.

Financial aid services does not help you out enough if you need more aid. They just suggest loans.
I plan to transfer after spring semester, and I will (hopefully) be in a new college by Fall 2015. Cedar Crest College is the worst thing to ever happen to me, my academics are suffering. This college only wants your money. You are just another source of income to this school. Sorry to say this, but this school is losing my $46,563+ next year. Don't go here please.

1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F
Aug 02 2014Chemistry
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Cedar Crest is a great school and I personally love it however the financial aid office is less than helpful. I had a scholarship my first year at Cedar Crest and needed a minimum of a GPA for my scholarship to be renewed and my GPA is higher than that. I just got my bill for the fall semester and my scholarship was not on there. I called the school and they said they would look into it and get back to me. They later called me and said everything is done by computer and they will send me another bill. I received the new bill and it still didn't have my scholarship on it. Now I have to drive up the Cedar Crest (a 45 minute drive) over my summer to get this fixed in person.
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: C+