StudentsReview :: Cedar Crest College - Comments and Student Experiences

Colgate University -- Hamilton, NY

Cedar Crest College

This school was awful

May 27 2014Psychology
This school was awful. They offer required classes once every 3 years. There were some good Professors mind you but other ones played favorites, singled out "unfavorite" students to rag on for no reason, acted like spoiled brats and the students were, generally, along the same lines. Buildings were falling apart. Transferred out as a junior - there were people $90G in the hole to go to THIS place. Why? And the food was decent when I went there initially but by the time I transferred, "dips bar" was an entree. Go figure. Also they ruined the $10 trips which used to be awesome by changing sign-ups to 7AM and then to midnight, which effectively shuts out any commuters. Way to go guys!

I came to CCC as an older (23)

Jun 20 2013Psychology
I came to CCC as an older (23) year old student and even though I was just a little bit over the age for traditional but not old enough to be a SAGE I feel like I fit in after some time. Once I was deep in the theater and psychology department I felt like I found home. Cedar Crest is a very special place. It is not the typical university setting where you are just a number. People not only know you but remember you. You become part of the history of the place and that is worth more than the price tag. Now, the price tag is high but that is the beauty of the government pay back plans. Will I be paying for it forever? No. I really feel that my education gave me such a leg up that I will pay it off in no time.
5th Year Female -- Class 2013
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: C+

Know that this school will do everything it

Jun 03 2014English
Know that this school will do everything it can to take everything you have. The administration is unhelpful, they don't see students as people as much as they do sources of income. The school doesn't seem to worry about retention at all, students are generally miserable, but the complaints are for naught- there is no one there to listen. I have sent email after email to various offices (financial, academic, registrar, etc) and have rarely gotten replies back, I'm not even sure if they read them, to be honest. They are experts at making themselves look good, but they overcharge you for everything. I have so many friends who have transferred and are much happier now, unfortunately that was not an option for me. I have a lot of great friends here, but I have not met a single person who has not had some sort of breakdown because of this school. It was okay in my freshman year, but the quality has steadily decreased as the price steadily rises.The only redeeming quality, besides the wonderful friendships forged in the pits of despair, is the faculty. I have never met a more friendly and interesting group of people. The professors here care deeply for the students and do their best to make up for the awful experience you have everywhere else but the classroom. They are great teachers, good friends, and understanding people. I honestly don't think I would have survived this long without them. If the administration cared as much as the faculty, or the food service people who are literally like parents who do everything they can to make the schools awful meal system bearable, this school would be A+ across the board.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015