StudentsReview ™ :: Cedar Crest College - Comments and Student Experiences

Wilson College -- Chambersburg, PA
Warren Wilson College -- Asheville, NC
Colgate University -- Hamilton, NY

Cedar Crest College

I came to CCC as an older (23)

Jun 20 2013Psychology
I came to CCC as an older (23) year old student and even though I was just a little bit over the age for traditional but not old enough to be a SAGE I feel like I fit in after some time. Once I was deep in the theater and psychology department I felt like I found home. Cedar Crest is a very special place. It is not the typical university setting where you are just a number. People not only know you but remember you. You become part of the history of the place and that is worth more than the price tag. Now, the price tag is high but that is the beauty of the government pay back plans. Will I be paying for it forever? No. I really feel that my education gave me such a leg up that I will pay it off in no time.
5th Year Female -- Class 2013
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: C+

The Forensic Science Program is second to none

May 11 2013Biology
The Forensic Science Program is second to none. I am in the Honors Program at Cedar Crest, and I get to do research at the undergraduate level. The flexibility of the program is amazing, and I can't stress how easily one can double major. The flexibility and the ease of having a concentration in Forensic Science makes my life easier. Also, the graduates at Cedar Crest go on to do actual research at well respected universities like Harvard, Stanford and Cornell.If you want to focus on getting a good science education that will actually get you somewhere in the world of science, that doesn't focus on giant sororities and the like, Cedar Crest is the place for you. be warned, it is an all women's college.
Education Quality: A+, Scholastic Success: F

When I visited Cedar Crest,I wasn't really impressed

Feb 22 2013Unknown
When I visited Cedar Crest,I wasn't really impressed. The campus wasn't all that and you would expect it to be much more outlandish for the amount of money you're paying them. Personally, I didn't see much diversity (culture wise) which was a turn off. The food is horrible, and there isn't much to choose from. The dorms are very small and there isn't much space. The surrounding city is bland and there isn't much to do. The campus is generally quiet.

I do like the flexibility they have with their degrees, and they have a sense of closeness and community with their professors. They promote student research as early as freshman year.Unfortunately, the 'closeness' and the promotion of undergraduate research could be found elsewhere, and the negatives outweigh the good. I wouldn't waste my time here if I were you, especially if you want a diverse campus experience.

Get free info from: Albright College