StudentsReview :: Carnegie Mellon University - Comments and Student Experiences

Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Cambridge, MA

Carnegie Mellon University

Carnegie Mellon is a

Jun 04 2013Math
Carnegie Mellon is a fantastic place to live and learn. Its a hard work, I'm not going to lie, but the satisfaction I have gotten from the interactions between my teachers and peers makes me remember exactly why I chose the school. The opportunities abound at CMU; I would never go anywhere else!
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Extracurricular Activities: A+, Innovation: B-

Everyone knows the school draws low status groups

Jun 11 2013Math
Everyone knows the school draws low status groups of people who don't like each other.
As far as reputation, I don't see a degree translate to employment status in a city like New York. In NYC, there are sales roles, and slave roles. Sales and "client-facing" roles are more about presentation, not substance.

I've never recommended to anyone to attend this school.
At least I haven't killed any of my family members yet like that kid in my year.

Starting Job: SEO Preparedness: F Reputation: F

The academics are really overrated and they expect

May 31 2013Electrical Engineering
The academics are really overrated and they expect you to figure everything out by yourself, and the tests are nothing like homework or quiz problems. There is zero social life, almost everyone is ugly and the entire atmosphere is one of doom and gloom, which ended up hurting my grades substantially because I was always depressed. Hell, there was even an article about it in the school newspaper that sparked a lot of discussion that got nothing done. Pittsburgh is ok but if you want to explore it you'll probably end up doing it alone. Really only come here if you're content with studying 24/7 with no fun all for a mediocre GPA, or you'll hate your life like everyone else here does.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015