StudentsReview :: Carnegie Mellon University - Comments and Student Experiences

Cornell University -- Ithaca, NY
Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Cambridge, MA

Carnegie Mellon University

Everyone knows the school draws low status groups

Jun 11 2013Math
Everyone knows the school draws low status groups of people who don't like each other.
As far as reputation, I don't see a degree translate to employment status in a city like New York. In NYC, there are sales roles, and slave roles. Sales and "client-facing" roles are more about presentation, not substance.

I've never recommended to anyone to attend this school.
At least I haven't killed any of my family members yet like that kid in my year.

Starting Job: SEO Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Sep 18 2011Civil Engineering

yes the weather and u should be with yur friends

When I got here, an upperclassman friend held

Jun 22 2012Engineering Department
When I got here, an upperclassman friend held up three fingers and said "Academics, social life, and sleep. Pick two." No one has time to care about the outside world. We're all too busy trying not to flunk out (except humanities students). It is what it is. If you like working, you'll love it. They like to nickel and dime their students. Parking's not much less than tuition. The on campus food sucks, but is counterintuitively very expensive. In a lot of ways, I'm jealous of my friends at Pitt. If you get off campus and explore the city itself, you'll have a better time. Pittsburgh's actually a pretty nice place. Be warned, the buses kind of suck, but they're free. Am I at least a little bitter? Most definitely. But I'm also prepared for what lies ahead.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2013