StudentsReview :: The Clarion University of Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

Yale University -- New Haven, CT

The Clarion University of Pennsylvania

Clarion has a lot going for it if

Jul 25 2014Communications
Clarion has a lot going for it if you have a lot going for you. I mean that Clarion has faculty and labs and an easy going atmosphere with some good fellow students that can challenge you. A lot of people do just slack, then complain that they did not get their money worth. And you can just threaten to give a professor a bad rating and they have to back off giving you hard work, but only idiots do that.
4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: D

Just try and go to a different school,

May 06 2014Biology
Just try and go to a different school, a few years ago clarion was a decent school, but not anymore. There shutting down programs left and right, like 60% of the classes are becoming unavailable, and they keep cutting and relocating staff. There plan for core classes is 2 year long temos and new teachers teaching some of there hardest classes. The school has a few brilliant professors but to them this school is a joke, as it is. Every year prices up up on everything and as students we are getting less and less. professor's are forced to advise 70-80 students leaving so little interaction. School is understaffed and under resourced.
4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Useful Schoolwork: F

Oh my goodness don't go here! This school

Nov 28 2013Art & Design Department
Oh my goodness don't go here! This school is a giant rip off. I just graduated high school all excited to go to college, and they just ruined it for me. The people there are nice for the most part, but the faculty are all pretty awful. I just dropped out because I was so miserable. I had a group of friends who are all freshman and out of 15 of us, 6 have already left. Every fear about going away to college like being alone is a rational fear, and on the outside they seem like they are going to help you ease into this process. WRONG. My department head signed me up for the max amount of credits, 18, with the understanding that if I wanted to drop something because it was to much that it was ok. First week in I am already drowning. I emailed my academic advisor because I needed his signature to drop this class and he didn't email me back. I stopped going to the class because I was going to drop it anyway. I emailed my advisor again, and he emailed me back telling me to come by during his office hours. I did, and he never showed up. I emailed him again and still nothing. By then about a week and a half had passed. Next thing I know this woman is calling me telling me that I need to meet her for skipping classes. Here's the thing. I never skipped one class except for the one i specifically told my advisor I was dropping. I get called into her office where she proceeds to yell at me for being so irresponsible. She told me that my advisor emailed her because he was "worried". I couldn't believe it! I had sent my advisor several emails, went to his office hours all the time, and he never bothered to respond to either. When I told her this she said I was obviously lying and that I needed to get in contact with him. Again the same thing happened. He didn't respond to emails, and when he did he would tell me meeting times and he wouldn't show up. I got called back into her office where 6 people were telling me I was the one being irresponsible. I was soo angry. This happened to me and 2 other people I know. It was horrid, the one person who was supposed to help me, my advisor, couldn't even get his act together to help me out.
Campus Aesthetics: B+, Education Quality: F