StudentsReview ™ :: Drexel University - Comments and Student Experiences

Villanova University -- Villanova, PA

Drexel University

I spent one quarter here (Drexel runs on

Mar 30 2014Business - Management and Administration
I spent one quarter here (Drexel runs on a quarter system) and it was the worst thing I've experienced since middle school. The shower in my dorm (Van Rensselaer Hall) felt like a bottle of water was slowly being poured on me, and I felt dirtier after a shower than before. The room was not even big enough for me to have a desk (it was in the living room). My room was very dinky, dark, and damp. There was a very small window.

Academically, the classes felt very high-schooly. My program had small classes and in general it did seem like the instructors cared about the students due to a smaller class. However, the class felt low-quality; I had a 3.8 GPA in that one quarter without much effort.

I no longer go to Drexel. It did not feel like it was worth my time or money (my shitty-conditioned dorm was pricier than the apartment I was raised in) and the social life is miserable. I am from New York and I found the general student population to be very self-absorbed people from either suburban Pennsylvania or New Jersey, very similar to a state university. I am very happy to be attending another university.

People say you shouldn't be homesick at college, but I went home every weekend. There was not much to do on the campus and despite being in Philadelphia. The university ignited depressed feelings in myself and I feel much better since leaving.

1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Faculty Accessibility: A, Education Quality: F

All I can say is if you get

Mar 03 2014Nursing
All I can say is if you get accepted into the Drexel's nursing department....RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. The academic advisors are bitches! and they don't try to help you out whatsover. All they care about is getting a big fat paycheck monthly. They don't care about the students, it's just business. I transferred out last year and it was the best decision I have ever made.

Great school, great education, amazing co-op program, and

Feb 27 2014Engineering Department
Great school, great education, amazing co-op program, and perfect location with so much to do. There is constantly new buildings/dorms constructions being done to improve the campus. The maintenance do a very good job of keeping the campus clean as well. Some of the new apartments on campus are the nicest I have ever seen and all my friends are so jealous. Many people will hate on the school (that happens everywhere), but in reality those are the people who don't care about (co-op) money or education, and are just looking to be lazy and party everyday. On the topic of parties... there ARE multiple parties every weekend. How good they are all depends on who you know and what exclusive parties you can get into. The "open" parties are sometimes crowded and have a lot of guys, but that's because the girls go to the frat or exclusive parties which is where you need to get in to have a better time. The negative reviews on social life are 99% people who can't get into the good parties and are just annoying or pessimistic. The negative reviews on education are 99% people who did poorly and couldn't handle the difficult coursework, or think they are almighty and deserve an A+ on everything they do. If you're smart and like to make 60k in college before you graduate (which won't happen without a co-op system), come here.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017