StudentsReview :: Drexel University - Comments and Student Experiences

Villanova University -- Villanova, PA

Drexel University

Going to Drexel is the worst decision I've

Jun 22 2014Engineering Department
Going to Drexel is the worst decision I've made. The staff is rude and unhelpful especially the Health center. The reception at Drexel Health center is unbelievably mean. Never smiled and treated me like I came there to ask them to do anything for free. No. I paid everything before the term began and they were there to help. I set up an appointment with my academic advisor. No, she set up. I didn't get the right to choose what time to meet her. And when I came, she was not there! It happened twice. Academic advising and resources are terrible. ISSS is bad too if you're an international student and you need to deal with paperwork. I transferred out and they held my SEVIS record. I asked to expedite it and they denied to do so. I had questions about re-entry and they denied to advise. What is ISSS for?

Drexel is hard

Jun 17 2014Finance
Drexel is hard. Drexel is not a state party school. Drexel is not your typical college experience. HOWEVER, Drexel will prepare you for the real world (assuming you have a real major). Drexel will make you work hard for your grades but will make you learn along the way. Drexel is a shit ton of fun if you know where to look and are comfortable going out of your comfort zones. After freshman year, I have never thought twice about going somewhere else. Make it through those first 3 terms and you will know why you went to Drexel.
5th Year Male -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: C-

Look, if you're a prospective student, I did

Jun 17 2014Electrical Engineering
Look, if you're a prospective student, I did the same thing you are right now: visiting all of these college review sites and shitting myself at all of the negative comments that you see on this site. Let me be the first to tell you, that a lot of what they say is true, but also, a lot of what the negative comments say are over-exaggerated and quite frankly, tiresome. Let's get this out of the way right now: DREXEL IS FREAKING HARD. Let me reiterate, this place is absolutely challenging. I have friends who have gone to higher ranked universities like U Penn, UVA, OSU, Cornell and when I tell them about the work that I have to do, the number of midterms I have during a quarter and the way in which my classes are structured, they practically shit themselves. This is NOT a 'A' school for 'B' students. If you do not have the work ethic, and quite honestly if you don't have the brains, you will NOT succeed. This is why so many people transfer and lose their scholarships after the first quarter of being here, Drexel is not for the faint of heart. I came from a small town in Virginia with a decent public high school education, I have a 3.30 GPA entering my senior year at Drexel. Most people I know have under a 2.9 GPA because of how rigorous the academic here are. Drexel tends to accept as many students as possible, take your money (even though they know you won't succeed) and then cause you to transfer because of losing your scholarship. THIS IS THE TRUTH. If you want to party all the time, go to a public, state university because Drexel is definitely not the place for you. I've worked my ass off and have received all three of my co-ops in Top 50 Fortune 500 companies in the world, and I'm getting paid well above the average salary of Drexel co-ops. Hard work is all you need to get through this place. Don't be stupid. If you can't afford it don't come because Drexel will not apologize to you. Do your research, find scholarships, and when you get here work your ass off. That's the only way to get through it. You can still have fun and party, I literally go out every weekend but during the week, hit the books HARD. This is not to scare you, this is an honest review unlike some of these horrible biased negative reviews. Honestly, I see Drexel becoming a Top 50 National University in the coming years. You hear about Drexel is the new years almost every day now. Good things are happening to this university and you don't want to miss out on everything it has to offer. Ask questions to upperclassmen, and navigate around the bullshit and you WILL succeed. Trust me.
4th Year Male -- Class 2015