StudentsReview :: Duquesne University - Comments and Student Experiences

Syracuse University -- Syracuse, NY

Duquesne University

The nursing school is

Feb 03 2014Nursing
The nursing school is one of the most unorganized groups I have ever been a part of. There is no communication among faculty, no one seems to know what is going on, and all plans and changes are mad last minute. I would not recommend this program to anyone.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: F

At Duquesne University it is a great learning

Feb 26 2013Business - Management and Administration
At Duquesne University it is a great learning facility you learn a lot of different things for what you do for your future career you wish to take. It is very enjoyable there especially with being in the city and being to be able to go to different places throughout the city of Pittsburgh. The professors there are very understanding and will guide you in the direction for you as the student.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Innovation: B+

I came to Duquesne University as a freshman

Jul 22 2014Nursing
I came to Duquesne University as a freshman in the nursing program with high expectations.I transfered out following my first year to a school closer to home. I had spoken to a large number of people over facebook and everyone seemed extremely friendly and open minded. I quickly learned that this was not the case. Socially, it became very cliquey extremely quickly. Most of the people I met were from Pittsburgh and went to private schools. If that was not the case then mom and dad were very well off and were paying the full tuition. Socially, you get out of it what you put into it, greek life is big on this campus especially with the girls. If you dont rush it becomes a little bit harder to find friends. But with the numerous sororities on campus it is not hard to find your perfect fit.If I had stayed I would have rushed fall of my sophomore year.

Academically I came in with some basic understanding about medicine and the nursing profession. The classes were so easy I did not go and still got an A. For the core class requirements including writing and philosphy, those were challenging and allowed me improve my writing skills. For the most part the professors were pretty good, with the exception of my nutrition teacher who was really overweight. The advising staff was easily accessible. The nursing staff was also fairly easily accessible and if you had any questions they would respond to your emails or set up a time to meet in person.

The campus itself is beautiful and Pittsburgh is a fantastic city. You will be able to find something to do on the weekends. There's really good restaurants and bars and of course the Steelers are always a fun time. You go out and explore you will find something to do. My biggest piece of advice is if you come to Duquesne you need to put in the effort socially, people will not come to you, but once you find your friends at Duquesne you have found friends for life.

1st Year Female -- Class 2015