StudentsReview :: Elizabethtown College - Comments and Student Experiences

Elon University -- Elon College, NC
Stetson University -- Deland, FL
Mary Washington College -- Fredericksburg, VA

Elizabethtown College

I'm only a freshman but if I had

Dec 16 2013Unknown
I'm only a freshman but if I had the chance to do it all over again do a lot more research and most likely end up at another school. I came to Etown thinking the school was perfect for me. I realize now I only picked this school because it seemed the only affordable option and I just wanted to go off to college. The education itself is fantastic, which is the only reason I'm here. I am in the five year master's OT program so I'm pretty much stuck here. Faculty is very helpful in all departments I have dealt with so far; professors really care about you here. The OT program is great. The people here are pretty great too, you always find a mix of good and bad no matter where you go so not many complaints in that area. If it weren't for the amazing friends I've made I don't know how I would do it. However keep in mind you will run into many closeminded and extremely sheltered kids. The school is overwhelmingly small, in an incredibly boring area, and there is nothing to do. A LOT of people go home on the weekends, or to other schools where the parties are better. I put neutral because the school itself is good, it just really isn't for me.
Individual Value: A+, Surrounding City: F

Students: Etown somehow manages to be a liberal

Jan 31 2013English
Students: Etown somehow manages to be a liberal arts school filled with Republicans. Everyone's very relaxed, sporty, and into athletics, and they like to drink and smoke pot. Something that surprised me was the sheer number of virgins. The diversity is also non-existent, consisting of white people and Asians.

Faculty: Approachable, but some professors grade by their own rules.
Campus: Small, but pretty. Campus security is pretty much on top of things.
Surrounding city: F minus minus minus. NOTHING to do. It's seriously in the middle of nowhere, and the town pretends the college doesn't even exist.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A, Campus Aesthetics: F

Elizabethtown College is a great school to go

May 28 2014Language - French/Spanish/etc.
Elizabethtown College is a great school to go to if you are an occupational therapy or communications student. If you are like me, and are coming here for a liberal arts degree, be advised, the administrators do not care about you. They spend less on the programs for liberal arts students, and you are forced to share resources with the other, more highly funded majors such as business and engineering.

The main reason I decided to come to Etown is their many options for study abroad, which they claimed would be included in tuition. Little did I know, this does not include the price of airfare, meal plans, and homestay while abroad, which you have to pay in addition to the cost of tuition, which has in recent years increased to over $50,000, despite the fact that most students do not graduate and those that do do not find jobs.

The worst thing about Etown is the incompetence of many of the staff working in offices such as residence life, campus security, career services, and the financial aid office. I have no idea how any of these people managed to find a job at this college, but they are the laziest, most unhelpful people I have ever come in contact with. Especially campus security, who is not there to help students, but rather spend all of their time checking to see whether or not you have alcohol. Most recently they have devoted their time to installing cameras in all residence halls to "Keep students safe" even though we have had little to no safety threats in the past four years. I believe they are doing this to further their agenda to prevent alcohol consumption amongst the students...I could keep going but I'll leave you with this: come to Elizabethtown for the scholarships. Just remember they don't increase along with tuition.

4th Year Female -- Class 2014