StudentsReview ™ :: Elizabethtown College - Comments and Student Experiences

Elon University -- Elon College, NC
Stetson University -- Deland, FL
Mary Washington College -- Fredericksburg, VA

Elizabethtown College

I moved to major cities after graduation and

May 14 2013Political Science
I moved to major cities after graduation and I believe that this experience advanced my development. I always felt there just wasn't anything for me at E'town and went through the motion to graduate. Although social in college, did not have much in common after commencement... and happily moved on. Maybe E'town gave me the urge to find it... and I do believe that a liberal education is very beneficial. Thanks.
Starting Job: civil litigation paralegal Preparedness: A+ Reputation: B

Students: Etown somehow manages to be a liberal

Jan 31 2013English
Students: Etown somehow manages to be a liberal arts school filled with Republicans. Everyone's very relaxed, sporty, and into athletics, and they like to drink and smoke pot. Something that surprised me was the sheer number of virgins. The diversity is also non-existent, consisting of white people and Asians.

Faculty: Approachable, but some professors grade by their own rules.
Campus: Small, but pretty. Campus security is pretty much on top of things.
Surrounding city: F minus minus minus. NOTHING to do. It's seriously in the middle of nowhere, and the town pretends the college doesn't even exist.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A, Campus Aesthetics: F

I went here from 05-09 and it was

Jan 13 2013Education
I went here from 05-09 and it was overall a very positive experience for me. The college department strengths are definitely their sciences, business, OT and education. Most professors get to know you as a person and it's a genuine connection. I am still in touch with some of my professors 4 years later and they still remember who I am. The friendships you forge here will be for life. The entertainment factor here is not for everyone. You have to be willing to make your own fun. There is a wide variety of campus clubs and activities to get involved in and meet people of all walks of life. One of the things I loved about this school was how there wasn't set groups you hung out with. Peer mentors were friends with theatre people who were friends with senate. If you're looking for a school in an area with a never-ending supply of places to go, then go to a city. If you're looking for a school with strong personal relationships that values you as an individual person, come here.
4th Year Female -- Class 2009