StudentsReview :: Elizabethtown College - Comments and Student Experiences

Stetson University -- Deland, FL
Mary Washington College -- Fredericksburg, VA

Elizabethtown College

I am currently in my sophomore year atQuite BrightComputer Science
I am currently in my sophomore year at Elizabethtown College and will be transferring out at the end of the spring semester. My reasoning is that there is simply nothing to do here. I though a small school environment was what I initially wanted, but I can no longer stand the close-mindedness of the students. While this school might be a great fit for some, I require a school with a surrounding city that has more to offer, such as better restaurants, clubs, and activities in general. Comments on here about the dilapidated dorms are absolutely true. The school is plagued with mold issues in the dorms that they cover-up quite well. While I would also like to use the campus gym,it is small and filled with jocks 24/7 who make you feel like you are being judged. Furthermore, while there are two girls for every guy on campus, the chances of finding anyone you will want to date over the long term are quite slim.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, University Resource Use: F
Academically the college is wonderful, however as farAverageBusiness - Management and Administration
Academically the college is wonderful, however as far as social interaction it is a nightmare. The school itself feels as if you have been forced back into high school, only now you must live with these people. Many are close minded and very arrogant. Within your first week people will seem to be very open and accepting, do not let it fool you. After the first two initial weeks pass the reality of how the college really is sets in. The college is composed of many small cliques, and rarely do people interact with others outside of their clique unless forced to for work, or if they are drunk at a party. There are parties here, but nothing special. If you do choose to go out be careful because campus security is always looking for who they can take down next. The college pretends to be a welcoming environment where all are accepting of one another when in reality it is the total opposite. The pleasant moods and kindness of random strangers saying hello to you quickly fades as the year goes on. You either stick to your group or you will quickly become a loner at Elizabethtown. If you are a person who sticks only to their academics, and on the weekends is comfortable staying in their room watching tv then this is definitely the place for you. If not look somewhere else, because this college does not have a whole lot to offer.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Campus Aesthetics: A+, University Resource Use: F
I'm only a freshman but if I hadBright
I'm only a freshman but if I had the chance to do it all over again do a lot more research and most likely end up at another school. I came to Etown thinking the school was perfect for me. I realize now I only picked this school because it seemed the only affordable option and I just wanted to go off to college. The education itself is fantastic, which is the only reason I'm here. I am in the five year master's OT program so I'm pretty much stuck here. Faculty is very helpful in all departments I have dealt with so far; professors really care about you here. The OT program is great. The people here are pretty great too, you always find a mix of good and bad no matter where you go so not many complaints in that area. If it weren't for the amazing friends I've made I don't know how I would do it. However keep in mind you will run into many closeminded and extremely sheltered kids. The school is overwhelmingly small, in an incredibly boring area, and there is nothing to do. A LOT of people go home on the weekends, or to other schools where the parties are better. I put neutral because the school itself is good, it just really isn't for me.
Individual Value: A+, Surrounding City: F