StudentsReview :: Elizabethtown College - Comments and Student Experiences

Mary Washington College -- Fredericksburg, VA

Elizabethtown College

Apr 29 2010English
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
As a student at Elizabethtown College, I have found myself immersed in a world full of diverse culture that has opened up my mind. I have become involved in things I never thought I would, and I have tried new things I didn't expect to. Elizabethtown always offers interesting events to become involved in diverging cultures and peoples. It is such a great school, and the amount of service you are able to do it phenomenal!! Elizabethtown was actually my last choice and now I couldn't see myself going anywhere else. I am in both the English and Education departments and have had very minimal problems with either of them. All of the professors are so willing to help out if you take the time to listen to what they have to say and are willing to learn. They expect you to put forth the maximum amount of effort you can because they want to see you succeed. It's a wonderful school and I would recommend it to anyone!
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Surrounding City: C-
Apr 01 2010Political Science
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
A am a 2005 graduate. The main reason I attend Elizabethton was due to the fact that it was easy to get into if you were a transfer, and in fact the application fee was waived. What I liked: The professors were very approachable and personal. I felt safe on campus, and liked the fact that I did not have to cross 5 major highways to get to class. Things I did not like: Living in the basement of Ober. Dirty rooms, dirty hall, dirty bathroom, for 40,000 a year dirty is not what I expect. I would expect that at a public school. There is a lack of diversity. White upper class uber conservative types. The guys main goal is to get drunk and hook up on the weekends, and the girls number one agenda is to spend 4 hours straightening their hair, picking out their "outfits", spraying a bottle of perfume on, and then walking around campus in high heels roaming from one disgusting party to the next. It was hard as an out of state student with no car to leave the campus. For the two years I was there, I basically lived in a bubble around campus. It appears the town's main goal is to pretend like a college is not there. there is no interaction at all. The students who do stay on campus wake up at noon, then head to the mall, and then start their evening preparations...kinda pathetic huh. I currently owe 50,000 for two years of attendance at E-Town, to put that in perspective I pay 440.00 a month to pay back these school loans! As a school teacher this is over 1/4 of my months salary...that is wrong. Additionally the school sends emails and letter at least 4 times a month asking for donations! Please think about how much you will owe, and the type of experience you desire in college before selecting this school or anyone other college.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2005
Education Quality: A, Surrounding City: F
Feb 18 2010Computer Engineering
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Overall best 4 years of my life. Unbelievable generally friendly most people are. Lots of new building recently. Alumni I new who graduated just 4-5 years before me say that the campus was completely different then when they went there. Going back just 2 years after graduating I'm starting to see the same thing. The one negative about the surrounding city is lack of things to do really close by, although you are less then 30 min from both Lancaster and Harrisburg. This however is also a plus as although college is about having fun, you are here primarily to learn and get a degree.
4th Year Male -- Class 2008