StudentsReview ™ :: Elizabethtown College - Comments and Student Experiences

Elon University -- Elon College, NC
Stetson University -- Deland, FL
Mary Washington College -- Fredericksburg, VA

Elizabethtown College

Now at a large flagship state school in

Dec 13 2008Business - Management and Administration
Now at a large flagship state school in the mid-Atlantic for graduate school. This has really given me the chance to appreciate how friendly and intimate the Elizabethtown Experience. While the big school has it's positives as well- I think that overall Etown was a great environment and I loved my time there!
4th Year Male -- Class 2007
Friendliness: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F

As a recent graduate with 1 year of

Dec 11 2008Business - Management and Administration
As a recent graduate with 1 year of work experience, I can tell you that my experience at Elizabethtown was phenomenal.

The classes are small, and they are much more interactive than at other schools. Most of my classes had about 20 to 25 students in them, and I loved that aspect. I learn so much more in small classes, since you actually get to talk and ask the professor questions pretty regularly throughout a class.

The social life was great because I really got to know a lot of people in my class, and it is the kind of school where you will always see people you know when you are walking somewhere on campus. I also liked the weekend scene, because most of the kids stay on campus (very few go home) so your friends are always around.

Etown isn't for everyone, but then again each school has their specialty. If you're thinking of going, definitely stay on an overnight visit. I used to be a host and they really give you a better idea since you end up spending a whole day going to classes, staying in a dorm, etc.II still keep in touch with 2 of my professors on a regular basis, and many of my former roommates do as well.

Preparedness: A Reputation: B

Etown is a good academic school,you will most

Jul 29 2008Communications
Etown is a good academic school,you will most likely come away satisfied with you education. But lets be honest, that is not what matters for most people, even if you think it does.

I had a blast my freshman year, as almost everyone i knew did. But then towards the very end of Freshman year something changed; campus security started to come down on the students a little harder and suddenly students were worried about receiving more "points." It sounds insignificant but it really changed the mood of the entire campus. Half my friends left by Sophomore year, because the school was no longer as fun, or pleasant as it was at first. The non-drinking issue would be fine if it was not for the fact that there is little or nothing else to do. The town has a few places to eat within a short drive and there is a pretty good mall about 20 minutes away.

The drinking situation is worsening; the number of places to drink are also dwindling. There are a few off campus party houses left The Green, The Track, O-street, The Ranch, The Farm; you will become familiar with these. Although the latter two just recently got purchased by the college so they most likely will no longer be party houses. On campus partying is left to dorm room drinking and the occasional Around the World, which will leave a lasting impression.

If the college can bounce back from the depressing 2007-2008 year it will be an amazing experience and will highly recommended attending. Otherwise it will be a depressing last couple years for many students.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2010