StudentsReview :: Elizabethtown College - Comments and Student Experiences

Stetson University -- Deland, FL
Mary Washington College -- Fredericksburg, VA

Elizabethtown College

I initially came to Etown because of theBrightSocial Work
I initially came to Etown because of the Social Work Department and I thought I wanted a small school setting. My first semester, I had a relationship and a great group of friends. But once my significant other broke up with me, I lost my entire group of friends. Bottom line, if you don't have a strong social life at Etown, you will quickly become a loner. People at Etown stick to their own small cliques and are not likely to interact with anyone outside their clique. If you plan on going out to party, watch yourself because Campus Security is ready to crack down on anyone, even the dean's list students. I have had about three different roommates and I had significant problems with each one of them. If you decide to come to Etown, whatever you do, STAY OUT OF THE DRAMA. Trust me, you do not want bad blood at this school. Etown is like high school, part 2. Your reputation is everything and what people think of you does matter because you are forced to live with them. I have had people gossiping about me literally right outside my door. The only thing good I have at Etown are my jobs (jobs are pretty easy to get on campus). However, I am transferring out of Etown because even though the Social Work program is awesome, it is not worth it to have to live in such a toxic environment. If you choose Etown, please use my experiences here as a caution. Stay out of college drama, don't do anything to give yourself a bad reputation, and find a group of people who won't throw you in the dust or you will sink very fast.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Scholastic Success: A, Social Life: F
ELizabethtown is a great college to go toQuite BrightSocial Work
ELizabethtown is a great college to go to if you want the experience of attneding school where everyone will know your name. Your become real close very quickly with the kids in your peer group, part of the orientation process, and then make a lot of friends if you do sports or join clubs and things of that nature. There are many oppourtunities for all types of people to have fun outside fo the classroom, SWEET, Studnets Working TO Entertain E-Town, organizes activiteis such as movies, trips, and dances almost every other weekend. I am disappointed to see more and more students going home on the weekends because compared to last year the campus is a little bleak at the end of the week. The cause of this decline in students remaining on campus is mainyl caused by a severe negative change in campus secutiry. Campus security has recently and over the last semester outstepped their boundaries in many ways, specifically regarding alcohol; thye claim to be their to help us, but instead students feel liek the campus security officers are "out to get them", treating them more like children, than adults. A major issue is also the fact that campus security ahs written several article in the college paper, the Etownian, in which they falsified information and posted staged pictures to make the studetns look bad in the eyes of others, particularly ampus administrators. The student community howvere is constantly attempting to chagne the attitude of campus security towards us, and thus their attitudes change weekly towards college parties. Besides all that Elizabethtown is a very nice cmpus asthetically and creates for a very social and happy environment.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2010
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: B-
There are two girls for every one girl.Quite BrightSocial Work
There are two girls for every one girl. Most of the girls here are annoying and major drama queens. Like every year they excepted too many students. They even had to buy trailers because there wasn't enough room, and they make our campus look trashy. I thought I would come to this school and know all of my professors and they would know my name...wrong! Out of the 8 or so professors I've had only three knew my name. Some of the staff members here are extremely rude. Basically, I'm transferring and can't wait to get out of this school.
1st Year Female -- Class 2010
Extracurricular Activities: A-, Surrounding City: F
Compare ElizabethtownSave Elizabethtown

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→