StudentsReview :: Elizabethtown College - Comments and Student Experiences

Elon University -- Elon College, NC
Stetson University -- Deland, FL
Mary Washington College -- Fredericksburg, VA

Elizabethtown College

This school will screw over any student

May 07 2014Education
This school will screw over any student. Unless you plan on spending every waking second on investing your time into school work and having no friends or any fun at all, do NOT attend. Everything is taken way too seriously and "campus security" acts like they are the navy seals and any student who even thinks of having fun will be THROWN OUT.
Innovation: A+, Surrounding City: D

I am currently in my sophomore year at

Feb 14 2014Computer Science
I am currently in my sophomore year at Elizabethtown College and will be transferring out at the end of the spring semester. My reasoning is that there is simply nothing to do here. I though a small school environment was what I initially wanted, but I can no longer stand the close-mindedness of the students. While this school might be a great fit for some, I require a school with a surrounding city that has more to offer, such as better restaurants, clubs, and activities in general. Comments on here about the dilapidated dorms are absolutely true. The school is plagued with mold issues in the dorms that they cover-up quite well. While I would also like to use the campus gym,it is small and filled with jocks 24/7 who make you feel like you are being judged. Furthermore, while there are two girls for every guy on campus, the chances of finding anyone you will want to date over the long term are quite slim.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, University Resource Use: F

Elizabethtown College is a great school to go

May 28 2014Language - French/Spanish/etc.
Elizabethtown College is a great school to go to if you are an occupational therapy or communications student. If you are like me, and are coming here for a liberal arts degree, be advised, the administrators do not care about you. They spend less on the programs for liberal arts students, and you are forced to share resources with the other, more highly funded majors such as business and engineering.

The main reason I decided to come to Etown is their many options for study abroad, which they claimed would be included in tuition. Little did I know, this does not include the price of airfare, meal plans, and homestay while abroad, which you have to pay in addition to the cost of tuition, which has in recent years increased to over $50,000, despite the fact that most students do not graduate and those that do do not find jobs.

The worst thing about Etown is the incompetence of many of the staff working in offices such as residence life, campus security, career services, and the financial aid office. I have no idea how any of these people managed to find a job at this college, but they are the laziest, most unhelpful people I have ever come in contact with. Especially campus security, who is not there to help students, but rather spend all of their time checking to see whether or not you have alcohol. Most recently they have devoted their time to installing cameras in all residence halls to "Keep students safe" even though we have had little to no safety threats in the past four years. I believe they are doing this to further their agenda to prevent alcohol consumption amongst the students...I could keep going but I'll leave you with this: come to Elizabethtown for the scholarships. Just remember they don't increase along with tuition.

4th Year Female -- Class 2014