StudentsReview :: Elizabethtown College - Comments and Student Experiences

Elon University -- Elon College, NC
Stetson University -- Deland, FL
Mary Washington College -- Fredericksburg, VA

Elizabethtown College

Elizabethtown is a very small school.AverageEngineering Department
Elizabethtown is a very small school. With that comes positives and negatives that may impact how you perceive this school. I'll start with the most important part of any college review, academics.

The academics at E-town in the engineering department is well put together. Will you find a high paying job at the end of these 4 years, of course. Will you not understand some classes and still completely pass? Perhaps. Elizabethtown is the school where you'll find some of your classes to be extremely difficult, and then others to be simple as hell. This is because some professors don't teach but rather give the grade. The course material is all relevant and is very helpful, but some professors can't explain the course AT ALL to the student and as such bump up the grades so no one feels bad. KEEP IN MIND this is NOT all courses. For the courses that don't do this, you WILL learn and you WILL apply your knowledge to help yourself and your group/friends in a variety of problems the engineering department throws at you. With all that said, I want to add that the professors (even the bad ones) are all easily available to contact and projects in the engineering department happen every year so you will quickly rack experience.

Social life here is a bit of a hit or miss. I wish they had more activities, which would encourage people to go out of their comfort zone and meet others as that's the biggest problem I see here. If you're someone that is extremely extroverted and good at making friends, you'll be living a good life. Most people here are nice, though you'll find some nasty ones that will follow you until you make them stop (avoid them at all costs as like I said, small school). Make sure you make friends (especially if you live far away) as having friends is like having ammo against anyone that hates your guts. Having friends also means you will be motivated to do more at the college, decreasing your risk of possible boredom. If you're in the engineering department, you'll be close to all the other engineers as there's no way one engineer cannot be friends with another (I swear, we all share a bond). If you don't have a social life, quickly join a sports team or club as this will grant you the abilities of making friends FAST. If you don't make friends here, you will quickly get lonely, depressed, and want to go back home. I guarantee it. If you do, however, you'll be fine and might even become one of the "popular" (I say this lightly as no one is "popular" in college) kids at school.

Campus security is a hassle to deal with if you drink. Plan appropriately if you plan to go out or you'll get caught. If you're on a sports team, you'll be fine with your crew. Otherwise, they do make the campus feel safe.

The town is really nice. Small and not filled to the brim with everything you want, but has everything you need. If you really want to see good town activity and/or better nightlife you'll need a car, but otherwise, the town is not bad.

As a whole, I would say Elizabethtown's definition is the good ole' "college is what you make of it" saying. If you don't wish to better yourself and strive for more, you'll never find happiness here. If you're willing to take a step and venture closer to the world of men and women working to make a difference, you'll fit right in.Hope this helps!

2nd Year Male -- Class 2019
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: C+
This College is great if you want toBiology
This College is great if you want to be a: teacher, physical/occupational therapist, decade-long med school student, music teacher. You are wasting your time otherwise. But enough of all that, you can always carve out a great living with a degree as long as administration doesn't actively try to attack you. For what you'd pay at this boring no-name cow patty fuckhole, you deserve a lot better. Let's talk about our fearless shoulder-padded powersuit wearing, 2'x4' up her ass, overzealous tyrant of a dean, Frau Calenda. HEIL.
I initially came to Etown because of theBrightSocial Work
I initially came to Etown because of the Social Work Department and I thought I wanted a small school setting. My first semester, I had a relationship and a great group of friends. But once my significant other broke up with me, I lost my entire group of friends. Bottom line, if you don't have a strong social life at Etown, you will quickly become a loner. People at Etown stick to their own small cliques and are not likely to interact with anyone outside their clique. If you plan on going out to party, watch yourself because Campus Security is ready to crack down on anyone, even the dean's list students. I have had about three different roommates and I had significant problems with each one of them. If you decide to come to Etown, whatever you do, STAY OUT OF THE DRAMA. Trust me, you do not want bad blood at this school. Etown is like high school, part 2. Your reputation is everything and what people think of you does matter because you are forced to live with them. I have had people gossiping about me literally right outside my door. The only thing good I have at Etown are my jobs (jobs are pretty easy to get on campus). However, I am transferring out of Etown because even though the Social Work program is awesome, it is not worth it to have to live in such a toxic environment. If you choose Etown, please use my experiences here as a caution. Stay out of college drama, don't do anything to give yourself a bad reputation, and find a group of people who won't throw you in the dust or you will sink very fast.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018