StudentsReview :: The Edinboro University of Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

The Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Please whatever you do not, I repeat doAverageOther
Please whatever you do not, I repeat do not, if you're probably reading this you probably were me nervous as hell trying to figure out some insight into what college really is, by patrolling the internet looking for sites like these ones. Anyhoo, it's currently 10:17 pm on the dot 2/22/15 10:18 pm as I type now, this school is shit, I promise you if you're not rocking some North face, Columbia, timberland's, or some designer shit you ain't shit up here. This school is racist as fuck and I'm not saying this because I'm black! I've never felt this isolated and lonely before. It snows here everyday and it gets lonely when the only thing is to go to the same parties with the same ratchet ghetto girls from the projects or the over privileged white kids. IF YOU'RE READING THIS please I'm begging you don't go to edinboro even if they give you a free ride. If, you're looking for open mindedness, creativity and diversity this is not the place for you. If you're looking to smoke weed and get into some hardcore drugs! this is the school for, literally all people do here is go to the same party with the same people (this school is small, you see the same people everyday). I got caught with weed and currently being put on probation for two fucking years!! the food is shitty as hell theirs only two main eating area's on campus and then the dinning halls shitty ass food. This college just makes me want to commit suicide. I'm a 19 year old female and no I'm not a loser, quite popular actually, but this school sucks ass so much, all day all night. Please don't go here, even if your running from the law
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: A+, University Resource Use/ spending: F
Where do I begin?BrightOther
Where do I begin?
Edinboro is in the snowbelt. Enough said. Long, cold, harsh winters.
Most of the professors I have taken are very friendly and willing to help, with a few exceptions(to be expected). Classes aren't terrible, and attendance does count. The advisors are very helpful and make sure you have all the information you need and will help with scheduling down to a T.

Night life/partying? Nonexistent. Even if you are 21, there's 2 small-town type bars that people go to and they get extremely crowded on the weekends. Halloween and homecoming weekends are the only times I wouldn't be embarrassed to have people from out of town come visit as those are the two weekends everyone seems to come out of their shell and go out and have a good time.

Greek life is a complete joke here, which is a shame because I feel it is something I might have been involved with, had I chose to attend elsewhere.

There really aren't any groups or organizations I could see myself joining and enjoying, although I have struggled to get involved thus far. I would consider myself pretty athletic and outgoing, so that's kind of saying a lot. It seems as if you don't dive in and really strive and make it a point to make new friends within the first weeks, everyone has made their established group of friends within a very short amount of time. The students here seem to be very clique-y.

If you're one of those students that is going to have to hold a job while going to school here? Good luck- there are barely any places to work in Edinboro, so you would have to drive 20+ minutes to Erie to get any kind of job with decent hours.

If you choose to live in the dorms, you have to sign a 2-year housing contract. The dorms seem nice at orientation (especially the Highlands) but are built very poorly.

If I could re-do my college experience, I would not go here. I'm all for the "you get out of college what you put into it" but there really is only so much you can put into this school and I'm exhausted from trying to pretend like I made the right decision. I have made a great group of friends and have had some good times here, don't get me wrong, but it's not enough to make me want to stick around.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Collaboration/Competitive: A, Social Life: D-
Edinboro is an all-access dump, overpopulated by dumb,Other
Edinboro is an all-access dump, overpopulated by dumb, lazy students and a dumber administration. Though I've heard things are improving under Dr. Brown (the new Pres), Dr. Pogue (the old Pres) was corrupt and ignorant and ran the place into the ground. Most of the staff are rude and incompetent and the academic quality is ruined by having no admissions standards. People go here because it's cheap and within driving distance of home. No social life unless you're Greek, Student Activities and Dining suck (and so do the people in charge of them). Maybe Dr. Brown can clean house, but until he does, avoid it like the plague!
Compare EUPSave EUP