StudentsReview :: The Edinboro University of Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

The Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Word of advice, do not go here! TheBrightEducation
Word of advice, do not go here! The only students I've seen with a more positive outlook on this school are the art students I've been surrounded by in my building.

First off, don't be fooled by how nice the Highlands look. They're falling apart, and they're nearly brand new. When I was filling out my housing form, I marked that I wanted to live in the traditional dorms (and so did all of my roommates, and all of my friends I've met). Somehow, we all ended up in the Highlands, yet there's still a waiting list of people who actually want to live there. The reason for this, I've heard, is the university wants to force everyone to live in the Highlands to squeeze extra money out of our pockets. I wouldn't mind if these buildings were actually built to last. They were only built to last about 10 years, and they're already starting to fail. I've seen problems with the plumbing all over the building, the building I live in itself is on a slant, the walls are made of cardboard, power outages galore... Must I go on?

Second, most of the people I've met have been extremely snobby. They have their nose in the air for everything, and they're very close-minded. None of them seem to be very aware of what's going on in the world, which frustrates me personally because I'm quite the opposite. There's no compromising with these people. If you get into a small argument that could be solved very rationally and maturely, they would rather save their pride. Don't get me wrong, I've found a few really good friends here who are compassionate, friendly, and open to new experiences and new people. I've found that cliques form in a matter of a week. There's TONS of drama, unfortunately. You'll feel like you're back in high school here. Granted, everyone's social experience may vary due to differing personality types and interests, but for me, I don't fit in here at all.

We're known to have a lot of sexual violence on campus. In fact, there's a set of woods on campus known as the "Rape Woods", and it's right next to my building. I don't go out alone at night because I'm scared. I've never personally been attacked, but I try to be extremely cautious. All in all, everyone should base their college decision on what they feel is right for them. If you feel Edinboro is the right fit for you, then go for it! If all else fails, you could always transfer, or drop out if your heart so inclines (no judgement here!). Good luck in your future endeavors!

1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Innovation: A, Scholastic Success: F
I love Edinboro, it's a great school toSuper BrilliantBiology
I love Edinboro, it's a great school to attend.
SCHOOL:
- Decent sized town
- Good education
- Greek Life is awesome
- Highlands (dorms) are really sweet...and so as the traditional dorms too.
The cops are rough though, since the only thing that goes on in this city is the college, cops always bust college students.

There are many job opportunities on campus, people say there is nothing because they don't look hard enough.

The school is undergoing renovations...It's gonna look sweet when they are done. Edinboro is a school for the future. Give it 5 years and it will be one of the top schools in PA easily.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2013
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Campus Aesthetics: C+
I have been to three different colleges inBrightSocial Work
I have been to three different colleges in my college career and I can honestly say that I love Edinboro. The faculty is very friendly and very eager to help you. If you are struggling or they notice that you haven't been attending class rather than just ignoring it and letting you fail they approach you and ask if there is any way that they can help you. There is a lot of Extra Credit offered in almost every class. Some teachers have accents but not to the point that you can't understand them. The campus does there best to try to encourage students to attend activities by posting notices and emails and letting you know about upcoming sporting events as well as movies nights, clubs, etc. The students are very friendly and since it's a small college the experience is much more personal and the classes are smaller so there is more one on one communication with the professor. The town is tiny and there isn't much to do in Edinboro, but Erie is only a twenty minute drive and there is plenty to do there, meadville isn't far either and if you're wanting to drive an hour or so Grove City has an awesome mall and is huge!! Pittsburgh is also pretty close so there is a lot to do, plus they have some awesome churches in Edinboro!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2008