StudentsReview :: The Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

Yale University -- New Haven, CT

The Indiana University of Pennsylvania

The professors at this

Jun 27 2014Education
The professors at this university think that they are Harvard educated but in actuality they are no more than community college graduates who could not land a real job at a real university like Harvard or MIT.
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: B-, Education Quality: F

DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL

Apr 24 2014PreMed and Medical
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL. Your pay a lot of money for sub par education. Look at the reviews, half of the teachers the students can not understand, or the professors are horrible. The only cater to freshman. My child will be a sophomore next year, they are not able to take one class that is part of her major as all of the classes are already closed. The school tells you when you can schedule for next year. The few that are open still, the professors are "to be avoided - can not understand" Then when she goes to schedule, the system will not allow you to schedule, they receive an error "need approval"! Mind you ADVISER told her which classes to take! THIS SCHOOL IS A JOKE! They need to focus on education not the suites! Housing is more expensive than tuition! WAKE UP IUP!
4th Year Female -- Class 2017
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F

Besides it being absolutely freezing this winter, I

Jan 24 2014Business - Management and Administration
Besides it being absolutely freezing this winter, I love it here. This wasn't my dream school and I actually got accepted there, but IUP was more affordable and had more to offer than my dream of going to college in Florida. Anyways, IUP is a great place to be. It is a party school, but that doesn't mean you won't make friends if you don't party. You won't make friends if you're rude and unwilling to talk to new people. Plenty of people are willing to meet you, especially freshman because most of us are completely new. I met so many new people last semester and hangout with them every weekend. I partied occasionally, but most of the time I didn't. Even though I didn't party I could still hangout with them and just have a good time either way. Aside from the party atmosphere, the educational side is fine as long as you get the right professors. My first semester was kind of rough because I didn't carefully pick my professors, but this semester I went on ratemyprofessors and it was much easier to find a good professor for each class. This school has already helped me gain so much knowledge about who I am as a person and the world around me and I couldn't ask for anything more.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017