StudentsReview :: The Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

Yale University -- New Haven, CT

The Indiana University of Pennsylvania

Besides it being absolutely freezing this winter, I

Jan 24 2014Business - Management and Administration
Besides it being absolutely freezing this winter, I love it here. This wasn't my dream school and I actually got accepted there, but IUP was more affordable and had more to offer than my dream of going to college in Florida. Anyways, IUP is a great place to be. It is a party school, but that doesn't mean you won't make friends if you don't party. You won't make friends if you're rude and unwilling to talk to new people. Plenty of people are willing to meet you, especially freshman because most of us are completely new. I met so many new people last semester and hangout with them every weekend. I partied occasionally, but most of the time I didn't. Even though I didn't party I could still hangout with them and just have a good time either way. Aside from the party atmosphere, the educational side is fine as long as you get the right professors. My first semester was kind of rough because I didn't carefully pick my professors, but this semester I went on ratemyprofessors and it was much easier to find a good professor for each class. This school has already helped me gain so much knowledge about who I am as a person and the world around me and I couldn't ask for anything more.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Innovation: B-

I'm a junior music education major at IUP

Dec 27 2013Music Education
I'm a junior music education major at IUP. They have a very excellent music department and I recommend anybody that is interested in music education to look into IUP. There has to be at least 30 practice rooms, each with a piano. A lot of people don't consider IUP because it's in a small town, but it's much more affordable than all of the schools in Pittsburgh. The classes are small and the majority of the faculty is very helpful. I'm having a great experience here, and I love it!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: B-

Warning do not listen to the bullshit they

Jan 04 2014Education
Warning do not listen to the bullshit they will hand feed you during visit and orientation. They come off and brainwash as IUP is completely perfect and the world is just beautiful. Its not. First I'll strait with the student body.The people here are rude, selfish, and very judgmental. Considering that this school virtually accepts anyone with a plus, the student here care about getting wasted, puking in bushes, and getting on the TV Show Campus PD. In fact if you are not into the drug or drinking scene people WILL Treat you different. Most students skip class Thursday-Friday as they are pre gaming for their night out. And as for the parties, they suck. All the places to party at are in some creeps smelly basement in the bare ass of Indiana. For academics, the classes were unchallenging and simply a waste of time. To make deans list here you simply need a 3.25 which is very easy to obtain (Not for most people at this school though) the school forces you to take crap classes you don't need. For example as an education major I was forced to take a terrible music class, with over 200 students and a crazy professor who loved to force us to salsa dance. The food is shit nothing more to say. The administration DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL. My advisor was some jerk young kid who bragged about how he flunked out of WVU once before graduating. He made fun of my goals and plans calling them "Stupid" When I decided to transfer, getting this school to do anything for you was like pulling teeth. I had to go to several offices numerous times to argue with people on why my transcripts where not sent out. Their answer was "We didn't feel like it" My personal favorite was when I had a harassing roommate. When I expressed my concerns, the housing office forced ME to move out and into some random other room. Hows that fair. Simply put: DO NOT GO TO THIS "SCHOOL" its basically an over priced playground. You will be miserable. In fact you will do the same as I did and transfer after 1 SEMESTER. Please save yourself years of hell and actually go to a real University
1st Year Male -- Class 2016