StudentsReview :: The Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

Yale University -- New Haven, CT

The Indiana University of Pennsylvania

I absolutly love IUP

Jun 05 2005Political Science
I absolutly love IUP. all of the teachers i have come across are brilliant and incredibly approachable. i think that the facilities are very well maintained and the look of the campus speaks for itself. i dont think i have ever lived in a more beautiful area in my life. the social life speaks for itself. its insane. i read that it is a public ivy as well. so it doesnt get much better than that, i love IUP!!!!!
1st Year Female -- Class 2008
Innovation: A+, Surrounding City: C

There are definitely a lot of educational opportunities

Apr 12 2005Music Education
There are definitely a lot of educational opportunities here, and it is a great school for that. Unfortunately, like many other campuses -- so there really is no way to avoid it -- there are a lot of people that make campus living a hassle. I didn't expect any problems coming here as a Filipino-American, but there are certainly a lot of racist people that I deal with in the dorms. I don't think there are that many of them, but when you deal with the situation enough, it becomes a hassle. There aren't any hate crimes, but people harass me with Chinese stereotypes (and I'm not Chinese.) This is nothing against the school, only certain people. I guess it's a problem everywhere, especially in a predominantly white school.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2006
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: D

IUP provides a stong educational background that provides

May 03 2005Business - Management and Administration
IUP provides a stong educational background that provides the basic tools to be a productive member of today's business community. Much like any other college you will not have every skill necessary for your first job. That is not the purpose of undergrad. You recieve the information that allows a company to train you quickly to meet there specefic needs. As for the social scene it is truly amazing. I strongly recomend becoming a member of the Greek community, it provided me with the best memories of my life. Also it provided the social and networking skills that are proving very valuable. As for the level of instruction I found it to be excellent. I am currently a law student and my undergrad profs. were every bit as good as those I have in law school. If you choose IUP you will not regret it.
Starting Job: territory manager Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B