StudentsReview ™ :: The Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

Yale University -- New Haven, CT

The Indiana University of Pennsylvania

The professors here are

Oct 27 2011English
The professors here are great, I have learned some very valuable things. The Administration spoils anything that is good about the University.
4th Year Female -- Class 2011
Faculty Accessibility: A-, Innovation: F

IUP is a good school for me! It

Jul 16 2011Nursing
IUP is a good school for me! It has a good nursing program, which is mainly what I was looking at when selecting a college! Personally, I have had no problems with professors. My Professors have been good! Like any school, there are a few bad ones. Just look up on rate my professors and try to avoid them! The students of IUP, as others have mentioned, can be quite dumb and only care about partying! It gets a little annoying sitting in class and not being able to have an intelligent conversation with someone because all they care about is "Where's the party at tonight dude?" Fortunately, for me, I have found friends in my major who are serious about their education! There are good students at this school, you just have to find them and stick together! My fellow nursing majors have made my first year a good one and I love IUP! The surrounding town, in my opinion, does have a lot of things to do! Once again, you just have to find them! You can ALWAYS find a party if that's what you want, but there are other things to do as well! College is all about what you make it! There are a variety of people at IUP and you just need to find others that are interested in the same things as you to be friends with!
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, University Resource Use: C

I transferred here as a junior and I

May 04 2011Criminal
I transferred here as a junior and I must say I wish I went here comming out of high school. The criminology program is phenomenal, and challenges you to think rather than just answer multiple choice questions. People are, for the most part, friendly. The campus is beautiful, and everything is either new of rennovated (from what I've seen, minus Keith Hall). It is cheap to go here in comparison to any other schools I looked at. Advising is great and they truly seem to care about you and your future. There are a plethora of oppurntunites and they all lead to your future success. The party atmosphere is also incredible. There are always parties no matter where you chose to go, however, there are only a few bars and they aren't anything special. I would definitely recommend IUP to anyone who wants to study criminology in college.
1st Year Male -- Class 2012