StudentsReview :: The Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

Yale University -- New Haven, CT

AverageCommunications
Honestly, IUP isn't a bad school. I like the attention you can get from professors.
more→Nov 28 2012
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Social Life: A+, Scholastic Success: C+
The only real downside to this campus isQuite BrightUrban Planning
The only real downside to this campus is the parties. I'm here for my education and only my education. I started college at the age of 21 so most of my party phase was dished out between then and high school. I am surprised nobody has asked me to buy them alcohol yet. Living off campus isn't much of an escape from the noise. In fact it gets worse. My neighbors have been arrested on several occasions for noise violations. But as with all things you will get used to it. I learned to just run a fan at night to block out the noise. As far as the school goes my department is amazing. I have really helpful professors and the grad students are always willing to help. This is not true for all departments though. I have heard many horror stories about unhelpful faculty in other departments but I don't know enough first hand about them to give a definitive answer. If my department were anything like the stories I hear I would probably transfer schools.
more→Jan 19 2012
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Social Life: D-
IUP is a good school for me! ItQuite BrightNursing
IUP is a good school for me! It has a good nursing program, which is mainly what I was looking at when selecting a college! Personally, I have had no problems with professors. My Professors have been good! Like any school, there are a few bad ones. Just look up on rate my professors and try to avoid them! The students of IUP, as others have mentioned, can be quite dumb and only care about partying! It gets a little annoying sitting in class and not being able to have an intelligent conversation with someone because all they care about is "Where's the party at tonight dude?" Fortunately, for me, I have found friends in my major who are serious about their education! There are good students at this school, you just have to find them and stick together! My fellow nursing majors have made my first year a good one and I love IUP! The surrounding town, in my opinion, does have a lot of things to do! Once again, you just have to find them! You can ALWAYS find a party if that's what you want, but there are other things to do as well! College is all about what you make it! There are a variety of people at IUP and you just need to find others that are interested in the same things as you to be friends with!
more→Jul 16 2011