StudentsReview :: The Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

Yale University -- New Haven, CT

The Indiana University of Pennsylvania

I'm a junior music education major at IUP

Dec 27 2013Music Education
I'm a junior music education major at IUP. They have a very excellent music department and I recommend anybody that is interested in music education to look into IUP. There has to be at least 30 practice rooms, each with a piano. A lot of people don't consider IUP because it's in a small town, but it's much more affordable than all of the schools in Pittsburgh. The classes are small and the majority of the faculty is very helpful. I'm having a great experience here, and I love it!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: B-

IUP is an outstanding school for a fantastic

Feb 08 2012Other
IUP is an outstanding school for a fantastic price! I would not pick any other school to attend I love it here. They have many majors to choose from, 15000+ people lots of clubs, greek life, parties and many opportunities to help you advance in life and your career. We have beautiful facilities here on campus and the best SUITES! I have ever seen at any college in PA! They are like hotel rooms. BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOVVVEEEE it here so much <3FUN FACT: the creator of YOUTUBE graduated from IUP
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C+

Besides it being absolutely freezing this winter, I

Jan 24 2014Business - Management and Administration
Besides it being absolutely freezing this winter, I love it here. This wasn't my dream school and I actually got accepted there, but IUP was more affordable and had more to offer than my dream of going to college in Florida. Anyways, IUP is a great place to be. It is a party school, but that doesn't mean you won't make friends if you don't party. You won't make friends if you're rude and unwilling to talk to new people. Plenty of people are willing to meet you, especially freshman because most of us are completely new. I met so many new people last semester and hangout with them every weekend. I partied occasionally, but most of the time I didn't. Even though I didn't party I could still hangout with them and just have a good time either way. Aside from the party atmosphere, the educational side is fine as long as you get the right professors. My first semester was kind of rough because I didn't carefully pick my professors, but this semester I went on ratemyprofessors and it was much easier to find a good professor for each class. This school has already helped me gain so much knowledge about who I am as a person and the world around me and I couldn't ask for anything more.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017