StudentsReview :: King's College - Comments and Student Experiences

Temple University -- Philadelphia, PA

King's College

OK, theres alot of things I can sayQuite BrightEnglish
OK, theres alot of things I can say about this school. I can sum it up in a few words for you: HIGH SCHOOL, PART 2. But I'll go a little more in-depth. First, the campus itself. It's nice, and the buildings are nice, but the surrounding city isn't that great and can be dangerous at night. The dorms are clean and well kept. The apartments on campus are very nice as well, but good luck getting one if you aren't a senior.

Next, academics. If you aren't a PA major or a Business major, don't expect a good academic program. Half of the students here are PA's, and another third are Business. Anything besides those two gets thrown to the wayside. Their English program is awful (hence the reason I am transferring).

Social life at King's is exactly what you'd expect...if you are still in high school. There are so many cliques in this school it feels like a bad high school TV show. And don't expect to be popular at all if you don't play a sport. Athletes are the most popular people (just like high school) and are also arrogant as f**k. The guy/girl ratio is pretty good, and there are decent looking girls here, but the best girls are either taken or just sleazy. As for you girls, most guys here are douchebag athletes or bros (Jersey Shore wannabes).

Next, parties. The parties here are like an overcrowded high school party. Not enough beer, way too many dudes, not enough girls. The guy/girl ratio at any given party is seriously like 5:1. So guys, enjoy alot of competition, and girls, prepare to be bombarded with like 12 guys trying to get with you. There's only about 5 places to party at at King's: various sports houses, and the Gateway and Flood apartments. Flood and Gateway occasionally have decent parties, but you can't get in unless you know someone. So freshies, enjoy the awful sports houses. There is one "frat", but it isn't what you think. It's weird. Only really strange people party at EKE.Overall, if you are a PA or Business major looking for a good education and aren't worried about the parties, I recommend this school. However, if you are ANY other major, or you are looking for a good party school and alot of friends, DON'T come here. Save yourself the money and trouble.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Maintenance: A, Social Life: C
Quite BrightAccounting
It's a great school. People are very polite & the programs are very good. It's worth the try!
1st Year Female -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C
I was one of the poorest students attendingQuite BrightDesign Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I was one of the poorest students attending (financially) and the school made sure to remind me of it. Some teachers were a wonderful help, but most only care about their private school paychecks. They're unhelpful and play favourites. If they didn't like you, they'd treat you badly and/or give you a hard time with your work--but this only applies to the teachers instructing the major courses. The ones who worked there part-time as the business instructors were friendly and completely unaware of how horrible King's actually was until they questioned us about our morale and lost spirit.

I was in the graphics program. The art director is the kind of man who thinks it's funny to be rude and I will admit he is intelligent and witty, but he is a very small man. He picks on his students and doesn't care if he hurts their feelings. The internet has an equivalent: Trolls. He is a troll who will call out someone for being 'butthurt' if he gets too mean to them. But he's worked there for years and the faculty respects his senior-ship so who gives a care if he's mean, am I right? He plays favourites too. it doesn't matter how much potential you have, he'll find a way to restrict your talents and downgrade you. Oh, and I complained to the head staff about him. They shrugged their shoulders and told me they had filed my complaint. They're private and liars.

Take for example that before I enrolled, I asked if they used graphics tablets in the art program. Now, the lady, understandably since she wasn't an artist, told me she didn't know what it was. I explained it to her and she said yes. Yes. That was an outright lie. There were no tablets and the art program itself is just a class for the art director to have fun in. I learned nothing there that I didn't already know.

Here's the real kicker. When I graduated, the job market was at its lowest point. Every time I called in to help get myself a job, the moment I mentioned I was from King's college, they hung up on me. Hung. Up. On. Me. I ended up not using their placement program because they were of no help, and found a job on my own using my skills, not my degree or my college name. Not to mention, I later found I could have paid half as much as I did at King's to go to another college for a degree higher than the associate's they gave me! And that college was better known! (UNCC)

I strongly recommend that if you are considering King's college that you throw the acceptance letter away and spend more time looking for a college that doesn't advertise misleading information. Get to know your college and please, research King's some more before you accept. This college has more negative credit than positive and I've now made it my civic duty to warn everyone not to attend there.Make the logical choice. Research your college.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2008