“walking through campus feelsNov 04 2013Education
gross atmosphere, people, food....this school makes me wanna vomit tbh
“As a second-year commuter and student-athlete, my experienceNov 03 2013Business - Management and Administration
What do I mean by this? Let's start off with the Public Safety Office. Sure, they do their job in making sure we are safely across Main Street during the day. Unfortunately, the others are a bunch of old "parking goons" (Which I like to personally call them) who look for any way to ticket you. There was one who really had the nerve to ticket my vehicle the day BEFORE move-in day. Thankfully, I was able to appeal this violation. This is only slightly ugly compared to what's next.
Now, let's check out the Bursar's office. They send out a debit card at the beginning of the year without telling you it's purpose and I do not use one anyways. So I threw it out. Then our refunds come out, but you needed the debit card to choose your option through the site. Without telling me, I find out I had a $20 fee to get a new one.
Here's the best one, the student bookstore. Many of the professors here do not notify their students of books until the first day of class. If you shop for your books at the bookstore (Which I unfortunately had to the one time because the book was the special "Kutztown University edition"), your frustration will become real.
*Other opinions and experiences at Kutztown:
- The surrounding setup is quite poor for nightlife.
- Off Campus apartments (Such as The Edge)are a hike away
from campus and hopping house to house for either a party or visiting a friend on campus is rough.
- Thus, people drive intoxicated to a hop from a party from either there or from town.
- There are many locals right near the in-town housing for students. The locals are usually not fond of the noise and parties are always getting busted.
- Housing off campus is usually horrendous and the basements are usually not tall people friendly...
- This campus is between two medium-sized cities: Reading and Allentown + the surrounding areas.
- Coming in/out of Kutztown from there is a NIGHTMARE during rush hour.
- Many students have weekend jobs and go out of town for the weekend.
- Main Street on the weekend is nowhere close to as fun as it could potentially be.
- Many who leave on the weekends are females.
- The parties end up being a suasagefest then (Mostly, sometimes you do get lucky!).
- Food joints are either good, or really poor.
- The town keeps it's businesses local and many barely touch up their appearance outside.
- Without established businesses here and there in town with money to touch up their surroundings, the town keeps it's gloomy, blue-collar look.
- The campus is a dry campus
- This is bad because the cops in town prey on people to book an underage and get that fine $$$!
- Story: A girl got punched in the face for trying to break up two losers fighting over a song to play at a party; her jaw got dislocated and she was spitting out blood. When she reported it to the police, THEY GAVE HER AN UNDERAGE AND OTHER CHARGES! No justice was served for her, and the doofus who punched her got away with it.
- Kids will either sneak alcohol in anyway, or just go to town. (Sort of like Prohibition)
- CHECK PROFESSOR REVIEWS BEFORE SELECTING CLASSES. It will save you from a semester's worth of frustration.
- A majority of students I encounter here are pretty hopeless or not optimistic of their future.
- This makes the learning environment not very competitive and many either drop out or transfer.
- When it rains, many don't show up to class.
- The only thing keeping me at this University is the athletics.
- This campus is like a hot chick in high school. Got the looks, but everything else about it sort of sucks and is almost useless.
- South Dining Hall = Factory Food
- I ate it in preseason camp for athletics and I got heat spikes from it!
- Impossible to eat healthy.
- Not healthy = sick easier. Sickness spreads like a wildfire on campus.
- If you have Christian values, have fun relating to many on campus... many care less about God and his word here.
- Early spring semester is not weather friendly. I'm local and I know the wind always howls from the north and the amount of rain in early spring blows (It rains a lot!).
“Look elsewhere for collegeOct 10 2013Business - Management and Administration