StudentsReview :: The Kutztown University of Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

The Kutztown University of Pennsylvania

I came from the city life and IQuite BrightUndecided
I came from the city life and I thought I wanted a change of scenery, I was wrong. This school is basically a last resort school. Very easy to get in, accepts any and everything. The kids are weirdos. Racist town, racist students. Smells like cow shit. Please have a car if you are not from here. Dorm life is a mess. Dorms are extremely hot. Social scene is very dry and boring. It felt like high school 2.0. If your not very outgoing, you will be very bored and lonely.
1st Year Male -- Class 1920
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F
Great school, it isQuite BrightAccounting
Great school, it is what you make out of it. taking advantage of smaller class sizes and being engaged while learning leads to success.
1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Faculty Accessibility: A+, University Resource Use: F
"Choose Kutztown".Super BrilliantAccounting
"Choose Kutztown". No. Choose another school please. I just wasted a year at this crappy school and I am glad to transferring to my #1 school choice which is West Chester University. I did make a few good friends here and I have not had a bad encounter with the other students. Some of the friends I made here actually are either dropping out or they are transferring out because we all agreed that the school sucks. The student body here is not all incompetent and rude. FOR THE RECORD I DO NOT PARTY.

I wish my stubborn ass would have listened to all of the bad reviews made on this site because they are 110% accurate.

Academics here are a complete joke. Most classes the students either don't attend class, or the ones that do attend class on a regular get bored and disinterested. In one of my core classes, and few students and I had a conversation on how the coursework is not challenging enough. Most of the professors don't even care and because of the budget cuts all of the good professors keep getting cut. Not to mention, majority of my professors did NOT speak proper English. Don't expect to have an intellectual conversation with anyone here unless they are a math or science major.

For every major, except the math and science related majors, the math requirement is a freaking Intro to Math (Pre-Algebra) class and I had Pre-Algebra in the 7th grade. So yea mainly you take a 7th grade math course. (My opinion on that is because KU knows most people aren't into math so they make it easy on them).

Since Kutztown was originally a teacher college, their education program is top notch which is true.That is the only reason you should come here. FYI: The only good reviews I have seen on here were from the education majors so of course the education majors will tell you how great the school is.

Other people who have made the reviews on Kutztown generalize the whole student body and not everyone in the student body is arrogant and a party animal. There are a lot of intelligent people like myself who come here and do not feel challenged and end up transferring to another school.

College is supposed to be the best years of your life and it is what you make it that's true, but at the same time college is a place where you open yourself up to new activities, seek challenges, take initiative and prepare you for your career and after you graduate you go out and change the world. I tried seeking opportunities and challenges here but I got nothing.

The school solely cares about their aesthetics. Very superficial if you ask me. When it's after events like St. Patty's Day or Homecoming, the school looks completely disgusting. They spend more time cleaning up vomit and cigarette buds on the ground than they do trying to improve the academics at the school.

Another thing on location: People keep saying the school is in the middle of nowhere and honestly that makes me laugh because of the over-exaggeration. It's not like Kutztown is in alcatraz. There is a town right there and some farm land so it IS somewhere. If you knew if said school was in the middle of nowhere, you should have never applied to that school in the first place. Blame yourself, not the school.

The food here..............the AF has the better food but its only open on weekdays. Every other on-campus dining the food is god awful.

Dorms make me feel like I am in a Barbie Doll house. It is that small.
Financial aid is one big cluster fuck. Folks don't know what they are doing and they also rude. They added extra fees and thank goodness I spotted where they did it and I said something about it. Administration is racist. I not talking about admissions, I am talking about ADMINISTRATION. If you are not white and you are coming here, be careful because they will kick you out of this school over any dumb thing just because you are black.

Don't get too excited or nervous if you apply here. EVERYONE gets in to this school even someone who was a D- student in high school. That's not exciting. That's a joke. Want another fact? The graduation rate is like 30%. The reason being is what I have stated before about the student body. Either A - students don't care and they are coming here to get away from their parents and they drop out, B - students can not obtain any opportunity here and transfer out, or C - the education majors (all of them) are great programs so these people normally stay.

I just wrote a damn summary lol. Let me tell you something, know what you want out of college (which it better be either fun (clean fun), challenges, an education, and opportunities) before deciding to attend. Matter of face, know what you want out of life and be serious about it. College is not the hardest part of life, getting into the real world and finding a career is. To sum everything up: Do NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL. I for one do not care about how beautiful the school is the academics and opportunities are what matter to me. If you come to a school based on looks then you're just superficial. If one college's aesthetics correspond to their school over all then Kutztown University would be the best school in not only PA, but the entire country. Unfortunately, the school just has a nice looking campus. That's it. Future college students and parents, I don't recommend this school to anyone. I only recommend this school if you are coming here as a commuter and an education major. Peace out, Kutztown. Thanks for wasting my time.

1st Year Male -- Class 2019