StudentsReview :: Lehigh University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Southwestern Louisiana/University of Louisiana -- Lafayette, LA

Lehigh University

Lehigh University was one of the most challengingQuite BrightEngineering Department
Lehigh University was one of the most challenging and rewarding 4 years of my life in retrospect. I graduated 22 years ago and my Lehigh network and the reputation of the school has helped me to rise to a top position in a Fortune 50 company.

For the people who are complaining, I have to wonder where you would actually be happy. Lehigh is a beautiful campus, it has intelligent but largely conservative and down to earth students, amazing academics and facilities, Patriot league athletics, and amazing parties.

The town has always been a little shady, but we never had any problems with off campus life the few times we left.

Fraternities and sororities did dominate the social scene back then, but that appears to have adapted from what I have observed. The campus is more beautiful now with significant investment. There is also a far more equal ratio of men to women than the 90s. Women were also treated with respect within the fraternities as I saw, this was never a degrading environment as we would not tolerate that. I was president of my 40 member house and we were a tight group who helped each other out and kept a beautiful house together for 4 years.

The only complaint I had is that it was expensive and I was not rich, while a lot of kids were. I took a lot of loans out and paid them out in my early 30s as I always had decent paying jobs.If you are smart, work hard and play hard, this is your school.

Starting Job: Production Manager; Preparedness: A Reputation: A
I just finished my freshman year at LehighQuite BrightComputer Science
I just finished my freshman year at Lehigh and I could easily say that it was the best year of my life. I started off undeclared in the engineering school and I just switched to computer science and business (which is in both the engineering and business schools). Most of the courses you will take freshman year are intro math/science/engineering courses and with the exception of a few, they are generally large lectures. Professors for these courses are a hit or miss, and some courses are known as "weed outs" (so take all the AP/transfer/IB credit you can!!!). Professors and TAs are generally accessible and it is very easy to get help if you are struggling in a class (office hours, tutoring, etc.). Once you get through the intro classes, the classes for your major are much smaller and more intimate. You feel like you are actually learning something, and the professors have a lot to offer. The social scene at Lehigh is very prominent. You could find a party almost any night of the week, and you learn very early on how to balance school and partying. While Greek life is very big at Lehigh, you do not have to join to have a great Lehigh experience. There is definitely pressure to join and it doesn't hurt to rush and try it out, but as long as you are involved with something else you will find your niche and have a good experience. Not everyone finds their place immediately, but as long as you stay open, friendly, and accepting of different types of people, you will make friends. There has been some stuff going on recently with diversity issues on campus. While the student body is primarily white, there are students of different backgrounds and most people at Lehigh are very accepting. Some people love to hate the Greek system or the majority of white people on campus, but they are not bettering their college experience by acting bitter towards everyone else. There are so many organizations on campus to get involved with and students generally like to join clubs. Most students find jobs after graduation and employers are very impressed by a degree from Lehigh. Definitely visit campus if you are considering coming to Lehigh! Admissions really takes interest into account so take a tour, check the online portal, email faculty with any questions, and talk to Lehigh reps at college fairs. My friends at Lehigh are some of the best friends I've ever had and my freshman year was beyond amazing. Definitely consider coming to Lehigh!
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C
If you're an intelligent student who also enjoysQuite Bright
If you're an intelligent student who also enjoys to drink and party then Lehigh is the perfect place for you. If these are 2 things u never wana do, then stop reading and look somewhere else. Otherwise, keep reading.

Lehigh's social scene is really everything you imagine "college life" to be. There are parties (and many of them) literally every day. If you are sociable and actually enjoy doing something other than studying all day, then there's no place like Lehigh.

All the negative reviews you will read are from disgruntled weird introverts who cant find the fun in getting wasted on a tuesday night with all of your friends. Probably because they couldn't make friends.

In addition to how fun it is, the value of receiving a degree from here is hard for any other school to match. Lehigh's post-undergrad job placement rates and average starting salary are amongst the highest of all universities.

This school is fucking awesome. You will learn how to handle going out 3-5 nights a week while maintaining a 3.0+ GPA.

This school is for extroverted intelligent young students who enjoy having fun with alcohol and doing what young people in college are supposed to do. This school is f**king awesome.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C+
Compare LehighSave Lehigh

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→