StudentsReview :: The Mansfield University of Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

The Mansfield University of Pennsylvania

AverageNutrition
Do not come here.
4th Year Male -- Class 2015
Perceived Campus Safety: C, Collaboration/Competitive: F
Life is always what you make of it.Quite BrightPolitical Science
Life is always what you make of it. I was a double major, in a fraternity, managed to work full time between work study and work with local contractors. While the town is small and there is absolutely nothing to do, this shouldn't be a surprise to the students. You came here for visitation it was your responsibility to come up here and take a look around the area. Who in their right mind would go to a school and not do a thorough inspection of the surrounding areas. Why wouldn't you put yourself in a position to succeed? If you actually spent a few hours driving around you would notice it was nothing but cow pastures, farms, and now oil pads.

The school is not there to entertain you, it is there to educate you, and you are responsible for how well you do in your education.

I have seen multiple posts by freshman saying the University made a mistake and ruined their freshman year by taking classes that weren't part of their core classes. That absolutely can happen and does happen. That being said, you have access to the university intranet, and you can access your programs curriculum for yourself and find out, are my classes in my best interest, or should I be in another set of classes? Oh, these classes aren't part of my major at all? Gee, I should probably drop these classes, and make up for it in the summer. It really is your responsibility to double check everything you do in life. If you can't figure out how to make your own schedule work, then you probably shouldn't be in college in the first place.

Mansfield is not the best school in the PASHE system, it does not have the best athletics, and does not have the best facilities. That being said, you chose the school, you should only blame yourself. Mansfield University didn't force a single student to come to that campus. Perhaps you weren't bright enough to get into another school, or you didn't have time to research the school or the town or the county more. That is not the universities fault, that is your fault.

"all they do is drink and smoke pot..." what did you think was going to happen in a small school? if you wanted a bigger campus experience, you should have gone to a school with a much bigger campus. Try Penn State, Pittsburgh or Temple. A little self reliance, due diligence, and responsibility would help further your education and your careers going forward. If you continue to blame everyone but yourself, you'll end up having a terrible experience in college no matter where you go.

4th Year Male -- Class 2008
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: F
First off, I graduated almost 20 yrs.AverageBiology
First off, I graduated almost 20 yrs. ago and my experience is vastly different than what most people wrote about MU. The campus is small and located in God's country aka the middle of nowhere, but the people are friendly and the faculty are helpful, at least it was like that when I went there. Any school you choose to attend is only as good as you make it, in other words, you get out what you put in. I enjoyed my 4 yrs at MU and I still talk to my college roommates from MU to this day. My advice is to spend your first year taking all of your liberal arts courses and if you don't like the school then you can transfer,most students don't take their core classes until Soph/Junior yr.anyway. My degree was in Biology and the faculty/Staff of the Biology department at that time was great. My favorite professor was Dr. Maris. I can't speak to the other programs, but from what I know when I was there the Criminal Justice, Music, Education, Business and Education programs were pretty good. MU is a very different school now from when I was there, but I owe everything I have to MU. They taught me the value of hard work, self-reliance, and determination. I hope you found this review helpful. Go Mounties!!!!
Preparedness: A+ Reputation: F

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→