StudentsReview :: The Millersville University of Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania -- Bloomsburg, PA
West Chester University of Pennsylvania -- West Chester, PA
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania -- Kutztown, PA

Business - Management and Administration
Beautiful campus ruined by PHDs behaving as vindictive teenagers. Unless you want to be miserable, avoid the MU MISTAKE.
I am an out-of-state male who will beQuite BrightEngineering Department
I am an out-of-state male who will be graduating this spring 2017 with a BS in applied engineering / tech management. Besides the 10-15 good friends I have made here, I truly don't enjoy my time here at millersville.

I am writing this review of Millersville University in order to inform prospective students about my experience.

Education: They do not offer any "hard engineering" sciences (civil, mechanical, electrical, etc.) and trying to tell an employer that you have degree in "applied eng / tech management" makes you extremely unattractive to employers since they have no idea what you actually learned - I have a 3.77 GPA and I have poor job prospects because of this... MAJOR downfall in millersville's academic program. In terms of other majors, I know that kids here are pumped to get an offer for $45k, which is embarrassing.

SPORTS: they all suck. besides baseball but its not like that actually raises school spirit.
SCHOOL SPIRIT: non existent (this is as literal as I can put it)
GREEK LIFE: I transferred from a larger school after my sophomore year, and I was in a fraternity there... trust me when I say that the greek system here is not what you are looking for. The frats here accept everybody (which is embarrassing), they have only about 20-25 brothers in each (which is embarrassing) and, to be honest, have zero studs (which is embarrassing), its all weenies.

SOCIAL LIFE: you will see the same group of people out every weekend at an apartment party, which has about 25-50 people at each (which is embarrassing).

RESPECTED UNIVERSITY: it's not, literally nobody you talk to from outside of PA has any idea where millersville is or that it is a university, which makes it harder to be employed.

CAMPUS: its all buildings and parking lots, its not really a college campus.OVERALL: the school provides no social life, no sports success, no school spirit, administration sucks, cops SUCK, no respect when applying for jobs, no campus beauty, and no "college experience". Maybe I am spoiled from spending 2 years at a larger university before transferring here, but it really will go down in my book as one of the biggest regrets of my life, and that is a sad thing to be able to say when graduating from college.

4th Year Male -- Class 2017
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Individual Value: F
Millersville was one of my choices but notQuite BrightComputer Science
Millersville was one of my choices but not my top choice. I picked this school because the student population size is perfect (not too big, but not small), it is affordable, it's 45 minutes away from home, and I have heard great things about the Computer Science program. I can honestly say, I made the right choice coming here.

Every person is different and has their own experiences about this school. I am a transfer student from a community college. The difficulty of the schoolwork was less stressful than I expected. I am basically taking all core classes for my major since I did the general eds at my community college.

Every college is a party school but Millersville has less parties over here. It's barely a party school which is exactly why I chose this school. I don't care what anyone says this school is awesome. It is a state school which is a negative part because tuition keeps going up $1,000 each year but that's every state school in Pennsylvania. That doesn't really matter to me since I have outside services paying for my education/tuition. The only negatives I have about the school is the meal plans and that the new dorms were built way too quickly. (Hint- if you come here, do not stay in South Village: lots of fire alarms). They are changing the meal plan for next school year so that instead of being limited to a block meal plan, we can also do either a 19/meals or 14/meals a week plan. Honestly I wish that Millersville had kept the meal plan how it used to be 3 years ago it made a whole lot more sense.

My major is okay for now. Nothing negative, just positives but I have only been here for a semester. Would I recommend this school to anyone? Yes I would. I made so many friends here. I am a black student and I did not feel that Millersville is racist to me at all. All of the friends I made here are all different types of races (white, Hispanic, Asian, etc.) There is racism all over this county, not just college. Yes it is in Lancaster County but America is predominately white so who cares? I am also a student with a disability and I have a great academic coach too. This school has treated me so well. Just know that college is what you make of it. Yes people come to college to make their lives better and get a job but that will only happen if you work from it. If you go through college not getting any internships, not taking initiative, or get involved then obviously you wont find a job and your degree would be meaningless. The ones who do take initiative and such are the more successful ones, which is why I picked Millersville because I feel that this school can help me get far in life.

1st Year Male -- Class 2018