StudentsReview :: University of the Sciences - Comments and Student Experiences

Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY

University of the Sciences

I had the worst first semester mainly due

May 05 2014Pharmacy
I had the worst first semester mainly due to a bad academic advisor. She was really horrible as she did not help and even tried to belittled me. I was not doing as well as I wanted to first semester and I improved a bit in second semester, but overall, I did not do well. Now that I have completed my first year, I do realize that my desired grade is achievable if I worked very hard for it. Despite being depressed first semester, I was happy at my second semester; I've learned that it is not only me that is going through the ordeal, that in fact, many others are. If you are interested in the health care field, I strongly suggest this school, but be aware that it will be challenging.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Education Quality: A-, Social Life: F

Teachers do not actually teach, people are racist

Mar 10 2014Physical Therapy/Exercise Science
Teachers do not actually teach, people are racist to white people, 50 grand for crappy food, dorm living, and bad teaching. When I first looked at USP it seemed much different. Wish I knew how being at this school would really feel like now that I am trapped here paying this school so much money for crappy living. A state school is much nicer than this and costs less. Go there instead.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Surrounding City: A, Education Quality: F

I do not attend the University of the

Apr 26 2014Unknown
I do not attend the University of the Sciences, but I am an accepted student who had the opportunity to visit the campus before making the decision to not go to USciences. Let me start off by saying that I am from NY and therefore I am a city girl who has seen the norm and outrageous that there is to see. I am a great student that values education, but also values a social life. When I went to visit the University of the Sciences, I had a horrible experience. The student body is EXTREMELY small. There really isn't any attraction around the University; it's really barren and quiet. Although if you walk some, you might find something to do in University City but nothing significant. I asked my tour guide about Uscience's traditions and fun activities. Her response was that it was bad luck to step on the compass, and UPenn (which not to far from USciences)had a skating rink and hosted partied that students could attend. I found that really lame because Usciences should be able to do fun things on their own campus. Not students having to wait for Upenn to do something fun. THAT WAS IT! She tried to make the university seem like their were things to do on campus, but she wasn't doing a very good job on it. I visited my admission counselor and he seemed like he wanted to make the talk brief. In the financial aid dept., a lady was flat out rude to a girl that asked a simple question. Goodman hall is really trash when compared to dorms that I've seen at St. John's University. The dorm rooms are decent, but there was an area in the entrance that looked like it use to be a kitchen or even a bathroom that was trashed. I Think the only good thing about the university might be the academics, but the environment and lack of social activities wasn't for me. If you're dedicated to academics and wouldn't mind the lack of social aspect then the university then maybe the university might suit you. I also found out that the school does archery for gym which is cool. Also, there is a class for rifle shooting which you can get a certificate for, but you don't have to do it if you don't feel comfortable about shooting.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018