StudentsReview :: University of the Sciences - Comments and Student Experiences

University of the Sciences

University of the Sciences

Jan 11 2015Pharmacy
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
University of the Sciences.. oh where to start. There are many aspects that make a college university good or bad. Let's start with academics. First of all, the first year at usci is a joke because it becomes 10 times harder 2nd and third year. This is if you're doing pharmacy which most people are doing. By getting harder I mean you'll have to be studying from day 1 of classes starting and going through notes day by day up til the exam, there is no cramming or studying 1 week before the exam. If you do that, expect to fail or come out with a C or D if you aren't naturally smart. Academics could be a bit easier, but it is pharmacy. That being said, most people who are actually serious about staying here will be spending most time studying day in and day out, there are exceptions for some people as always though.

Social life, there is none. Let's be brutally honest here, if you're a single male or female entering usciences, expect to stay that way up until graduation. No I am not joking, and if you don't care about dating at all and just want to focus on your education fully, more power to you and I would highly recommend you come here. But if you want to actually develop meaningful relationships, allow me to elaborate. Since Usci is already a small school, you'll be seeing the same people you met freshman year for the next 6 years. There will be some people who transfer or drop out but for the most part you'll be seeing the same faces as you progress through your courses each and every year. With such a limited amount of students, not everyone is going to click with someone be it intimately or even friendly. And when I mean friendly I mean past the 1 semester of everyone is brand new so I have to surround myself with all of these "friends" to feel secure. Most of the people who do come to this school already date someone from home because they understand that there will be nothing for them at Usciences. Parties? They are terrible. No one goes to them after second year and if people are still going they are either in greek life or just wasting their time. Do yourself a favor and go to bars in the city once you hit 21, or do yourself an even bigger favor and don't come here altogether. If dating and a social life is one of your concerns, I highly recommend you do not come here, especially if you are a male.

Surrounding city. Usciences has one and only one redeeming quality about it. It is located a couple of minutes by trolley away from center city. There you can enter the real world instead of a sheltered campus consisting of 100 people. I didn't realize how much I would come to like the surrounding city, center city and university city, nowadays I would spend most of my time there because usciences campus is completely lame.In conclusion, usciences is god awful. Had I known what I was getting myself into I wouldn't have came to this school. It's more of the social life and how small the school is to be honest. Most people here can't even see past the academics though because that's all they care about. I get that in college an education comes first but when the social life and community is just trash you might as well not even go to the school. It may appear as if this review is jaded and it may be. But just take a look at the overall rating for social life for this campus. Maybe it's not just me, maybe most of the people here just hate the guts of the school if it were an actual person. Just imagine being placed in an environment where there's only 5 girls who are date worthy and single. And those 5 girls are your only chances to find a relationship at this school for the next 6 years. Now would you want to come to this school? Didn't think so.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2018
Surrounding City: A, Innovation: F

This university saddled me with a lot of

Dec 03 2014Pharmacy
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
This university saddled me with a lot of debt in the middle of a complete lack of available positions. I managed to get a job through an outside connection. The only thing that may have helped me in that regard was a rotation I during my overly priced 6th year. Honestly, if pharmacy is still your dream despite of the lack of available positions, go to a cheaper school. You'll be doing yourself a favor.
Starting Job: Associate medical writer Preparedness: D+ Reputation: D+

I had the worst first semester mainly due

May 05 2014Pharmacy
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I had the worst first semester mainly due to a bad academic advisor. She was really horrible as she did not help and even tried to belittled me. I was not doing as well as I wanted to first semester and I improved a bit in second semester, but overall, I did not do well. Now that I have completed my first year, I do realize that my desired grade is achievable if I worked very hard for it. Despite being depressed first semester, I was happy at my second semester; I've learned that it is not only me that is going through the ordeal, that in fact, many others are. If you are interested in the health care field, I strongly suggest this school, but be aware that it will be challenging.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019