StudentsReview ™ :: Philadelphia University - Comments and Student Experiences

Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania -- Bloomsburg, PA

Philadelphia University

I am an Animation major just so you

May 20 2013Other
I am an Animation major just so you know!!
Things you NEED to know about PhilaU:

The main majors are Architecture, Fashion Design/FIM, and Integrative Design
This is a DESIGN school, NOT an ART school
The science programs at PhilaU are WEAK
This is NOT a party school
This is mainly a commuter school[Most students go home on the weekend, I'd say about 35-45%]
The campus is gorgeous
The city is accessible and really fun, make sure you explore!
PhilaU IS near the city, crimes are bound to happen.
Be city smart, please
PhilaU is a clean, well kept campus. VERY pretty in the spring and fall. But keep in mind the winter is early/long. The gorgeous campus you see on your tour is NOT year-round. (Although it is still pretty all year)

The food gets old but use your meal swipes!!
You don't get notifications about packages/mail. Check regularly
The Animation majors are not very passionate.. If you're coming here for Animation, look elsewhere. This school will not challenge your creative abilities.(At least not your first year)I'd say the quality of education is average(depends on the teacher) but the price you're paying for it is more than what it is worth.

Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: D

I went to Philadelphia University for one year

Jan 31 2013PreMed and Medical
I went to Philadelphia University for one year before I decided to transfer for a number of reasons. I would like to start by saying that PhilaU is a great school for someone who wants individual attention and to walk around a campus that is beautiful. It is also really good if you know what you want to do going in. I was in the PA program which is honestly why I attended the school in the first place. The reason I ended up leaving was a couple of things. First off I felt that I was never challenged at this school academically. I was able to pull a very high GPA with minimal effort and was never really stretched or pushed academically. People should realize that this school is a major commuter school with very little social life on the weekends, many people go home and as an out of stater it made it sometimes difficult to enjoy being at a place where there wasn't much to do. The clubs are good but there are limited in number and scope. Another issue with PhilaU is to me it just felt like an extension of high school that I lived at. Ultimately I left because I wanted to be better challenged and get the college experience of sporting events, school spirit, traditions, ect.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A+, University Resource Use: C-

I am currently enrolled as a freshman at

Jan 28 2013Other
I am currently enrolled as a freshman at PhilaU, and I have to say that I couldn't be more positive about this school. Beyond the campus being absolutely gorgeous and natural, the people here are really incredible, and very sweet. The freshman dorms are VERY spacious and the food is pretty good! My only complaint being that there isn't a lot of diversity in the majors at this school. So unfortunately, if you find yourself, like me, in a position where you are considering changing majors, be aware that you will most likely have to transfer schools. Perfect school otherwise for me.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016