StudentsReview :: Philadelphia University - Comments and Student Experiences

Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania -- Bloomsburg, PA

Philadelphia University

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE PHILADELPHIA

Dec 28 2009Art & Design Department
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE PHILADELPHIA UNIVERSITY!!!! The workload definitely is intense but at the end it is very rewarding! I am so glad I chose Philadelphia University as it is known for my major, Textile Design.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2011
Education Quality: A+,

I am currently enrolled as a freshman at

Jan 28 2013Other
I am currently enrolled as a freshman at PhilaU, and I have to say that I couldn't be more positive about this school. Beyond the campus being absolutely gorgeous and natural, the people here are really incredible, and very sweet. The freshman dorms are VERY spacious and the food is pretty good! My only complaint being that there isn't a lot of diversity in the majors at this school. So unfortunately, if you find yourself, like me, in a position where you are considering changing majors, be aware that you will most likely have to transfer schools. Perfect school otherwise for me.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: D

Philadelphia University is such a great and challenging

Dec 27 2009Art & Design Department
Philadelphia University is such a great and challenging school especially for design majors. My first year here along with all the other design students we have spent many all nighters in the lounge, which I have to say were very stressing but fun at the same time. You get assigned a new project every week. Sometimes the critiques can be harsh, but this pushes you to do better. When it comes to finals week it is hell! The workload is not easy many students end up dropping their major from design to mostly science or business, the only ones that survive are the ones who are passionate and dedicated to their major.

I personally believe Philadelphia University should be more well known. The design professors are all intelligent and bright always willing to help their students. The students as well are creative with so much passion for their major graduating with successful careers. I wish Philadelphia University would be more strict on their acceptance but PhilaU gives every student an opportunity to pursue their dream. This is why some students here are not as bright or just dont give a crap about school, but these students end up dropping out or transferring. As the years go on PhilaU gets so much better and very competitive cause you are left with students who care about their major. Since Philadelphia University is a small private school there are many people who either hate it or love it. It is not a party school at all! If you really have a desire to work your ass off and challenge yourself to succeed in the future than PhilaU is the right school for you. But if you want to come to college just to party and a waste a crapload of your parents money then PhilaU is not the right school for you.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2012