StudentsReview :: The Pennsylvania College of Technology - Comments and Student Experiences

The Pennsylvania College of Technology

Nov 12 2014Nursing
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Any health science majors listen up.... I was 26 when I started at Penn College, I left Hershey Medical Center to go back to school. I was very much interested in the 4 yr physician assistant program and I knew thats what I ultimately wanted. I have years of hospital experience but no I am not the strongest academically but that doesn't mean Im terrible. I never failed anything, I just have some C's where I need A's or B's. I was guided by an advisor in the PA building, to overload and that ultimately lead to my downfall. I took AP 2 with Micro and I don't advise it at all. I now have to retake those courses to get better than C grades. DO NOT OVERLOAD, GO AT YOUR OWN PACE. Start your sciences early so you don't get bombarded with them later. Just ridiculous. My first year there was amazing...... I loved it and I loved the people I met who I am still very close with and met the love of my life there as well. However the advisors have been known to lead students on rather then helping them come up with a solid plan to get them where they need to be in order to get into the program of choice. I should have began with nursing I would have been done by now. I planned on transferring and I have yet to find a school that's beneficial and close to home. I wasted a lot of time and money at Penn college and nothing to show for it. 3 yrs of my life with only pre'req's to show. It's pathetic. I've taken the last year off and I am looking at starting at another institution this spring for nursing. It's a stepping stone in getting to where I want to be, but at this stage I would be happy with a BSN. I'm just disappointed in the school. I had a math professor who is also a tutor in the tutoring center just sit on her phone the whole class and not really care about her students interests just about the latest news in her life and Facebook. It's insane. I have a great college recommendation from my french professor, she was by far the best professor ever and knew exactly what I was going through and knew about them leading students on. Williamsport is not the safest campus because Williamsport itself is going downhill. I'm just very disappointed in this school because as much as I loved it, it let me down!
Oct 18 2014Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
School food is the same everyday. All the school is looking to do is make money off you. Unless you love to hangout with a bunch of men this school isn't for you. There are some females but most are taken or want nothing to do with all the guys drooling over them. Standereds fall hard here. The parties suck and only last about an hour before college police come. There is no school spirit, and most people just wish to transfer. " worst college ever created" people only attend because you get a degree that says pennstate on it.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Campus Maintenance: A+, Innovation: F
Aug 22 2013Engineering Department
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
This place sucks. They do not know how to run an institution. All they spend their money is hiring cops to arrest kids for underage drinking. Maybe spend the money on better athletic complexes or educational resources. Money can go to much better things than ruining students fun.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015