StudentsReview :: Point Park University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arizona State University West -- Pheonix, AZ
New York University Graduate School of Arts and Sc -- New York, NY

Point Park University

I'll cut to the chase - Do notBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I'll cut to the chase - Do not go to this school. There are thousands of other universities in the country, and you're better off not going to college at all if this happens to be your only choice.

I have wasted 4 years of my life here, and a lot of money. I was in the "Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management" program, which is a total scam unless you are a favorite.

People - Arrogant, snooty, judgmental, immature. The school plays favorites. For instance, they never announced trips. Instead, they post pictures on Facebook and they take the same group of 5 people everywhere. I would've loved to been able to go to Nashville and LA, but they never announced them so I never know when it was coming up.

Teachers - Pretty good. Probably one of the only good aspects of this school. Most are friendly and very willing to help. They are easy to schedule with when you need to see them. You can be very open with them about any problems you're having in class. I didn't like a couple teachers because they think that swearing excessively is the "thing" to do around college kids. But there will be teachers you don't like everywhere.

Curriculum - An elementary aged child could do this work. Besides Accounting and Business Law classes, the rest is too easy. Accounting was the only challenging class for me and I enjoyed it. In all my other SAEM classes, I felt my brain turning to mush. There is no homework other than in core classes and Accounting. The teachers give a "review" a day before the test and their "review" is exactly what is on the test. They literally go through the test, you write down the answers, memorize them, and boom you got an A.

Campus - Boring. The city shuts down at 5pm unless you want to make the awful, complicated trek to the South Side or Oakland. It's right in the heart of the city of Pittsburgh, so it's noisy all the time. There are no parks, other than Point State park down the street. Everything is ugly concrete and construction.

Life after PPU - I do not have a full time job almost a year after graduating. I have applied everywhere and have gone back to the school to get help in the Career Services department. While they were all very eager to help me, I still was getting rejected for every single job I applied for.

After 4 years of wasted time and being unemployed (I only hold a part time minimum wage job that I had worked one summer in sophomore year), I am pretty much forced to go back to school for another degree that will actually be useful, and at a nationally accredited university.

Point Park was a disgrace of an education. Save your time and money and don't go here.

4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A, Education Quality: F
Wow, it makes me sad that there areBrightCommunications
Wow, it makes me sad that there are a lot of negative comments about this school.
I myself transferred after one year, but only because I changed my major to something PPU didn't offer.

My time at Point Park was amazing. I loved living right in the beautiful and (decently) safe city of Pittsburgh, I loved living in Lawrence Hall and having my own bathroom to share with my roommate while most of my friends at other schools had communal ones, and I met the best friends of my life here.

I agree with everyone else that the COPA kids were clique-ish and the classes were relatively easy. But I was not in COPA and still met people, and I joined the Honors Program and that helped me to feel challenged.

I would not recommend this school, however, for anyone who's looking for a traditional college experience or anyone who's looking for a major other than SAEM, Intelligence and National Security, anything in the school of Communications, or COPA. The academics are lacking in majors other than what I just listed.Overall- I had a good experience. It may not have the best reputation overall academically, but I have seen people who tried hard, networked, and made an effort succeed here. COPA, the school of Comm., Intell and Nat'l Security, and SAEM are great. And like I said, I met the best friends of my life and even though I transferred, I have no regrets about my time spent at Point Park.

Education Quality: A+, Campus Maintenance: C
I have have had issues with room mateQuite BrightMusic Education
I have have had issues with room mate and special
Health considerations that were ignored after several
Pleas for assistance. Be wary of this school
Attitude on that level. Point park university has
Long way to go. It is not regarded as a top musical
Theater option and now I certainly realize that
If you challenge their lack of performance you willBe punished.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018