StudentsReview :: Pennsylvania State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Pennsylvania State University

It's all about partying

Jul 15 2014Engineering Department
It's all about partying for the students and all about making money for the administration.
Don't expect to go 5 minutes on a Saturday night without finding drunk people, or a Monday night for that matter.

Given the chance I'd have gone to a different school.
We Are,SUB PAR

4th Year Male -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Individual Value: F

I was raped repeatedly at PSU

Jun 19 2014Math
I was raped repeatedly at PSU. During one of the football games, as I was coming out of the bathroom I saw a bunch of guys yelling at an Asian girl. When I stepped in to defend her they turned on me, dragged me screaming down the corridor and no one stopped to help. This happens frequently and the faculty and staff do nothing to help. Neither does police on or off campus. They told me I should watch my drinking in the future after a half-assed police investigation. I don't even drink! That place is terrible and I don't recommend it to anyone.

Do not come here if you expect to

May 18 2014Unknown
Do not come here if you expect to be treated as an individual student. In the Eberly College of Science, you are treated as a number. The majority of professors (but not all) do not care about teaching students or their learning. Many of the professors I've had are nothing but arrogant and incompetent at teaching. They either do not know how to get their message across to undergraduates or simply do not care. Research is the thing at this college, not education of undergraduates. Just because you have a Ph.D does not mean you can teach. The majority of classes are based on exams and that's it (no papers, presentations, etc.)Exams are fine but not the only way (and most efficient way) to gauge your learning. Avoid this school. It is not worth the money, especially when your tuition is part of the salaries of professors that do not care. The College of Science prides itself on being "one of the best in the nation." MY ASS. You can present all the numbers you want, it doesn't reflect the sad and inadequate reality of the Eberly College of Science.
4th Year Male -- Class 2014