StudentsReview :: PJA School - Comments and Student Experiences

PJA School

Graduated in 2001, had a couple leads in

May 23 2013PreLaw and Legal
Graduated in 2001, had a couple leads in jobs but never got any, was basically told pja ain't a real school. Never really helped me in trying to get a job, computer classes helped, but that's about it, felt like it just took my money. If I could do it all overagain i would of saved a bunch of money and went t to community college got a real degree and credit that actually transfer. Nice people that worked there but it just felt like is was a sham of a school. Save your money and go somewhere else.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F

I completed the paralegal certificate program in 2004

Jun 03 2011Unknown
I completed the paralegal certificate program in 2004 with a B average. When I tried to transfer my credits to a college I was informed that the classes at PJA are not approved by the ABA. Result=No credit. I completely wasted my time and my money (I am still paying my students loan for this program). I relied on the administration of the school to be aware of and provide me with a quality useful education as promised. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!! JUST ENROLL IN A UNIVERSITY OR COMMUNITY COLLEGE....
1st Year Female -- Class 2004
Faculty Accessibility: C, Education Quality: F

I had previous legal experience, so I knew

Feb 25 2011Unknown
I had previous legal experience, so I knew much of the coursework - my main idea for going to PJA was to get my paralegal certification. I got the certificate, graduated 2nd in my class. I was very annoyed when I took the program and felt swindled because of the lack of ability to get a job in the field. I found out, after I had already enrolled, that The PJA School is not accredited by the ABA. If you want a paralegal job paying over 30K in the Philadelphia area, this is not the place for you - go to Peirce College. If you want to learn organization and critical thinking skills so that you can get an entry level job, this is the place to learn them in an easy format. Hindsight, I did learn many skills that helped me gain employment, but not in the paralegal field. The certificate did nothing more than make my resume look good to people who just don't know what the PJA school is and see a "paralegal certificate" on the resume.
1st Year Female -- Class 2009